Sign in to follow this  
njswift10141980

Possible career change need input

Hey guys and gals I would like some input on a possible career change for me. Right now I'm a supervisor for a security company but everything is going down the crapper anywho I've been looking online at monster and career builder and have came accross residential pest control (ie: orkin & Terminix) does anyone work for a compay like those or what do you think about it.

Thanks

my bro did the pest control thing...he worked for a guy for several years then finally got to know enough people (accounts) that he got his own license and started his own buisness. this was in florida dont know how the market is in jersey. all i know is make sure if you get into it they supply you a vehical because my bro was saying he puts 100,00miles+ on a vehical in one year....

Hey guys and gals I would like some input on a possible career change for me. Right now I'm a supervisor for a security company but everything is going down the crapper anywho I've been looking online at monster and career builder and have came accross residential pest control (ie: orkin & Terminix) does anyone work for a compay like those or what do you think about it.

Thanks

hey, ive done a lot of research on Sales jobs, and I'm unsure if this is one or not, or if you will actually be doing the spraying and stuff. Honestly, those Sales jobs are hard man. They are designed to really have you working hard and make nothing or make a lot. That depends on the demand of the product. And if you are going off commission, you will be getting paid very little. If you get into the situation where you are getting a base pay as opposed to straight commission your better off. That way, if your like me anyway, its a gurantee to at least so and so amount of money. Monster worked okay for me and Career builder as well. I would say Monster is preferred over carreer builder. Have you looked into the GEEK SQUAD? they make pretty good pay after some good training. Just need some certifications and I imagine with your COMP skills they wont be that hard to achieve. Even Circuit City opened up some COmp. repair positions. Well best of luck man, I feel ya tryin to find a job. It's actually quite frustrating, especially when you have a time limit, like it sounds like you do.

what do you guys think of the transportation security administration(tsa) the dudes at the airports? has anyone heard anything good about that?

Thanks

My younger Brother is an agent for the TSA. His first security work was with a local nuclear plant then he moved to the NRC Security team. After 9/11, he moved to the TSA.

I know he's not an Air Marshal but he goes to training quite often and has a mini arsenal in a safe in the trunk of his government issue car.

He's not the gung-ho type which is why his choice of career kinda surprise me but maybe that's what makes them professionals.

I know two people that work for the TSA at the local airport. They're both supervisors and love their job. They said it was tough getting through the training and the fist few months of screener duty. It takes a lot of concentration to do the job right and you have to learn to turn it off and on so you don't burn out. They said the pay is excellent.