Sign in to follow this  
Guz911

Dual core optimizer BSOD

I still get random lock up in light weight process even after I updated the AMD Athlon™ 64/FX Processor Driver and edited the registry following the instructions by MS. I've played a few games like FEAR and the Prey demo for hours, also ran 3dmark06 overnight and it was rock stable.

Guest thespin

Aren't there some background tasks that only kick in when the CPU load is light ? There may be a conflict with one of those programs. Use msconfig to disable those not crucial. Test and if okay, enable one by one and test ...

2gb Teamgroup Cronous Micron -5BF (9/10 divider, 2.5-3-3-7 @ 2.8V)

probably the root of your problem

not necessarily defective...probably just not set all the memory timings manually in the BIOS that are necessary

look at the CFX3200-DR entries in teh Stock Speed Database...compare all the timings that are the same in all of my entries...pay particular attention to Max Asynch Latency and Read Preamble settings (they MUST be manually set)

probably the root of your problem

I think so too. I got this ram 2nd-handed from a guy who ran it on a NF4 Expert and he could get 280 even 285mhz 3-4-4-8.

I, however can't push it beyond 260mhz no matter what timings and VDIMM I set. I can still set it at 2.5-3-3-7 which is not bad though. I am still waiting for some advices from the Teamgroup and XtremeSystem forums. I want to run it at 1/01 to match my 280HTT.

I set all those DRAM options myself in BIOS, MAL is 7ns and preamble is 5.0ns. A total replication of the settings of OnePageBook, a famous o/c guru who uses DFI and Teamgroup products.

Well i disabled startup programs through msconfig however i get the same BSOD. I'm out of ideas, maybe there is still a conflict with some particular device driver during the boot up process. I won't loose sleep over this, my games all run stutter free anyways.

I think so too. I got this ram 2nd-handed from a guy who ran it on a NF4 Expert and he could get 280 even 285mhz 3-4-4-8..

Two things here. What is stable on one board may not be stable on another. Do you know for sure it was 100% stable on his board. Would it pass all the testing required to enter the database here? Everyone's definitions of stable is different.

I, however can't push it beyond 260mhz no matter what timings and VDIMM I set. I can still set it at 2.5-3-3-7 which is not bad though. I am still waiting for some advices from the Teamgroup and XtremeSystem forums. I want to run it at 1/01 to match my 280HTT.

I set all those DRAM options myself in BIOS, MAL is 7ns and preamble is 5.0ns. A total replication of the settings of OnePageBook, a famous o/c guru who uses DFI and Teamgroup products.

The settings OnePageBook used may not help you. Search the threads at XtremeSystems for this ram. While it's true OnePageBook is very good at this it is obvious that TeamGroup sent him handpicked samples and the majority of this ram cannot clock as high as he demonstrated.