Planning on upgrading to 2gb of ram, need advice.

CosmicRain

ok so yea, i know that this gets asked way to much but i just need some advice.

i currently have 2x512mb of OCZ gold VX pc3200 ram which im running at 2-2-2-5 1T 225mhz with the cpu at 2700mhz. vcore of 1.5 and vdimm of 3.2v

now i would like to upgrade to 2x1gb and i thought that since ddr2 is going to 'be the new standard' ddr memory would go down in price enough for it not to be that big of a deal decided what to get....well honestly i've seen some prices rise than what it was a little while before.

now going 4x512mb is almost out of the question because no one sells ch-5 ram anymore...the only other ram (that i know of) that is like mine is muskin redline. both the redline and goldVX are out of production... the reason why these are the types is because they can withstand alot of vdimm and stay underwarranty and get good timings/clocks.

looking back on all this, i shouldn't have gotten this ram but that was before the whole low vcore+high vdimm=cpu killer was know, which now im quite afraid of....

anyways, i couldn't combine this ram with some regular stuff because to get good OC's nothing else could withstand the high vdimm that this stuff does...

but also how does the whole 4x512mb thing work (with my 144 which is e4? or are they e6?) even if i could get the extra 2x512mb pc3200 gold VX would my overclocks get 'hurt' by all dimm's full?

so in conclusion, what should i do? i don't feel like spending 140$+ on 2x1gb of ram right now, do people think it will come down in price soon? i wouldn't mind spending like 140$ on 2x1gb if i could sell my 2x512mb OCZ pc3200 VX for like 100$ but i doubt someone would pay that much for them (i paid 160$)

sell your VX for whatever you can get and pay the $160 for some great PC4000 2x1GB kit like the OCZ PC4000EB, EL, GX (XTC) or Mushkin or Gskill etc

you should look at newegg or pricewatch for comparable 2x512 kits and see how much they are selling for new, and then make a great deal on the price for yours and get rid of them ASAP

you will never be able to recoup the money you spend on hardware as it is outdated almost instantly the day you buy it (sorta like new cars)

you dont need high vdimm with 2GB kits, and as we've found out, timings are null and void for A64 cpu's for the most part (there's a good stick in the AMD Overclocking section that proves this)