Which 120mm Fan? Panaflo, Aerocool, Arctic Cooling, SilenX?

michaelzhao

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The blinding LED's, thats a huge turnoff. I'm a really sensitive sleeper. I can't sleep with any real LED's at all. I unplugged all my LED's in my computer fan panel. Thats why my case also has no side panel, because I wouldn't be able to fall asleep if anything had lights.

So the Sunbeam LED's are a big turnoff, can they be turned off, disconnected, or broken in any way?

I'm serious, if it is that good and the alternatives are few, I will smash the LED in with a hammer.

Guest Blooz1

It would take you less than 5 minutes to remove all the LED's from a Sunbeam controller! They aren't soldered in, the legs just slide into a socket for each channel. so it's easy to remove 'em, replace 'em, whatever....

I'll add my vote for the Yate Loon's, too. I recently replaced the Globalwins in my nF2 rig with Yate Loons, and temps dropped a couple of degrees without any noise increase. The Globalwins are nice and quiet, but I think they're a bit wimpy on airflow.

I'm not meaning to be an butt**** or anything. But please don't hijack other people's threads. Thanks...

Too bad you took it that way, I meant it as an alternative to the fans you proposed. You're welcome.

I have some Antec 3 Speed fans I got from a local computer store...These things are silent even on High Speed (70+ CFM) I am very picky about the silence of fans and aside from my 8db Scythe fanse these things are quiet...

For a massive heatsink, what is considered adequate as CFM goes. I usually just use anything above 30 CFM for a good heatsink, usually 40 CFM for a crappy one. Do you guys recommend more? Also, I do have an intake fan right over my heatsink, so that helps temps even a bit more.

I think I can get away with a lower CFM fan.