SLI performance vs. Price... Need some benches...

LOL True,

hehe

im running a single 6600GT, and i remember when i was choosing my vid card, 2 6600GT was doing the same score has a 6800Ultra, 2 6600GT cost the same price that the 6800Ultra (about this time last year) but you get double noise and double heat because you have 2 card,

i would stick with 1 GPU is you are playing 1280*1024 or less, like im doing, SLI and Xfire for guys like me is just a bling bling stuff and a wate of money, while i could get a Opetron or someting better with that $

now see

if I had the Dell 24" monitor, I'd have Crossfire enabled and it clocked until the pcb was close to melting because that monitor is DEFINITELY what SLI/XFIRE was created for...thats the kind of setup that begs for SLI/XFIRE...seriously...

Believe it or not (probably not) I'm now "just" using two 2005FPWs for graphic design, and the 2405 is "relegated" to Xbox/Xbox360 use. I find the dual monitor thing ideal for tools/palettes and editing, and the widescreen means I can edit multipler layers/objects at once without moving things around. I use my computer mainly for work, so this makes way more sense, though I considered setting up the 2405 in the middle with the two 2005's flanking it. Pure geek-vana, but a bit excessive. So now the 2405 is in the bedroom and doubles as our nightime TV and my get-away-from-my-GF-to-play-xbox refuge.

but I'm like you in the sense that I spend my money on things other than computer stuff these days (helps that i get most hardware for free now).
Yes, and don't think anyone here doesn't hate you for it :) I get to tax deduct my gear for business, but it's not quite the same. Still you need to have some balance, and it becomes hard to spend all your cash on bleeding-edge computer gear when you have a mortgage, utilities, insurance, gas, etc to pay for.

But I never begrudge anyone's spending habits...guys who buy SLI stuff keep the cutting-edge alive, and they keep me and others in our jobs lol
True enuff. I never begrudge anyone their hobbies or vices. I'm a computer geek through and through, but I see a point in balance - I'm also a mad runner, windsurfer, snowboarder, mountain biker, whitewater kayaker, hiker, etc , etc. For all the 'indoor' interests I have, I also have at least an equal amount of outdoor hobbies - keeps me balanced, my skin a nice shade of not-white and reminds my lungs how to process real oxygen. Not to mention counteracting all the beer I drink ;)