Sign in to follow this  
Hicks

Opteron 165 vs Cool and Quiet

Do what EdLSmith told you to do. However, you can increase it more if you want a higher overclock. If all you want is 275 FSB, then try 1.4 V. But keep in mind that you can go all the way to 1.6 on air and 1.65 on water. However, I recommned 1.55V max on air.

Try turning Cool n' Quiet off to see if it will Prime better. If it doesn't then leave it on if you want to. If it does, its further proof of what we have been telling you.

Also, I'm assuming this is a new processor. You might want to run an app like "CPU Burn-in" to burn your processor in for a week. That may be too long, but thats my burn-in time. Just leave it on overnight and when you go to work. I think it helps with a more stable OC and also a lot of Opterons respond rather well to burn-in.

iv got default vcore, special vid % of 110% and CnQ enabled - stable as a rock! worked stable only on the newer 406 bios though - 623 just wouldn't play.

iv got default vcore, special vid % of 110% and CnQ enabled - stable as a rock! worked stable only on the newer 406 bios though - 623 just wouldn't play.

Make a sig please.

i have got a sig - its showing in my options and all my other posts! Why not here?

edit: oh now it is!

Matt

i have got a sig - its showing in my options and all my other posts! Why not here?

edit: oh now it is!

Matt

The quick reply option doesn't add the sig.

Hi Guys,

Finally I solved my problem. Now I can enable QnC 300 x 8 = 2400 MHz. The clue is; "Cool 'n' Quiet MAX FID" value on BIOS. I set this value to actual multiplier (x8) now I can use QnC properly and stable...

Thanks & Regards.

Hicks

Personally I can't believe people turn off C&Q. I've been using it with my overclocked 165 since january. It cuts your puter's AC power usage in half, and if you run 24/7 that means a lot.

Try out RMClock. It gives you a ton of control over the VIDs and FIDs.

Glad you guys have it working. The fact is it isn't recommended by this forum AT ALL WHEN OVERCLOCKING, so that should be telling you something.