Mounting Storm water block horizontally on NF4

Quinn

Hi,

I'm recent convertee from Intel to AMD. I plan to reuse the watercooling gear I had before. I'm going to use a Storm G4 water block. The mounting hardware is quite a bit different for 939 socket compared to 478 socket. On this mobo, the retention frame (where the stock heatsink/fan normally mounts) has two mounting screws, aligned horizontally. These mobo holes align with mounting holes in the top center and bottom center of the water block. This is in contrast to how it mounted on the 478 socket system, where there was four screws in each corner of the water block. Only using two screws and with those being in the center of the water block and the fact that the water block is turn sideways (oriented 90 degrees), I'm wondering/concerned about how sturdy and how well the water block/cpu contact is maintained. The block has some weight to it and with 1/2" ID tubing filled with water, it seems the weight may put uneven pressure (more on the bottom than the top) on the cpu, which could result in the less than ideal contact and heat transfer.

I'd like to hear from those who have installed this water block horizontally already. I'm actually considering designed something new that will minimize the chance of the block tipping due to weight or tension, but don't want to invest the time and energy if its really not required.

Thoughts?