Expert and SLI

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had SLI working in my AA0 with no problems. I was using the 12/? BIOS.

Fried the cards, so I went to a single card with the same thruput as the other 2 combined :). (2x6800 --> 7900). But with the problems I'm having with the 7900, I may try to ressurect the 6800s and see if it's coolant still on the boards or if I really fried 'em (leak, but I've since found with my MB that if I wash the non-conductive coolant off thoroughly it'll still work -- so maybe the video cards aren't the toast that I thought that they were...).

If it's only BIOS, why do the newer Experts report a CPU temperature that is closer to reality?

Because in the bios there is an adjustment for the temperature.

If it's only BIOS, why do the newer Experts report a CPU temperature that is closer to reality?

Class is in session.

The Chipset and BIOS are the last two things placed on the board before packaging. This allows for the very latest Chipset and BIOS to be available in the retail chain.

On the nF4 boards the Chipsets are provided by nVidia. When nVidia learned that users were modding the chipsets to turn on SLI and Ultra functions they modified their production lines to add the extra epoxy over the contact points. These boards made it into the retail chain fairly quickly.

The BIOS is always kept up to date providing support for the latest processors and chipset along with stability and performance tweaks.