Sign in to follow this  
Roaden

NF3 Ultra-D Problems

You can check databases here on forum for settings for your memory or other forums. But if you study the OC till you really understand it you can find your own settings. I wish there was an easier way but there isn't. That is one reason we recommend only known good ram here on forum so users have better access to settings.If it were my rig I would change the ram to OCZ

Yeah i will take that about the OCZ in consideration. Not putting any more cash into this old system thoe.

I'm just trying to get it to work for now. I'm planning to buy anew system in afew months so.

EDIT: I found some old Samsung BH-5 memory sticks thoe only 2x256MB but immidielty i could boot with clocked settings even no hassle or anything... tried differant settings ect.

So i guess that means that my Kingston sticks are not compatible with this motherboard, doesn't it?

Ok tried to play BF2 with those 2x256mb sticks and it wan't fun :D

So i've desided to buy new rams anywho.

U said buy OCZ's so i've looked on afew 2x512mb packages and set my eyes on:

OCZ 1024MB Dual Channel Platinum Ed. R-2

Any disagreements on this choice or is it a good choice?

Your could also try some GSkill PC4000 HV. They have performed well for me and could be abit cheaper than OCZ. I have some OCZ pc3200 TCCD ram as well that works very well, But I wanted to upgrade to 2 gig and these modules were much more competetively priced than the similar OCZ stuff and that swayed me to them. Been great ram so far.

Bruce

Your could also try some GSkill PC4000 HV. They have performed well for me and could be abit cheaper than OCZ. I have some OCZ pc3200 TCCD ram as well that works very well, But I wanted to upgrade to 2 gig and these modules were much more competetively priced than the similar OCZ stuff and that swayed me to them. Been great ram so far.

Bruce

I just checked out the GSkill memory availability of those over here and I could only find the PC4000 2x1024MB sticks and I'm not really gonna spend that cash on this old system. So I made an order for the OCZ ones.

I'll try and sell my Kingston HyperX UL sticks... since they cost as much as the OCZ ones even more on some locations. So it shouldn't cost me too much :P

Thanks for all the help thoe, greatly appreciated.