NF3 Ultra-D Problems

Well as the topic says I have problems with my motherboard.

Stability problems and compatibility problems also i guess :(

Hardware:

A64 3500+ Venice

Kingston HyperX 2x 512Mb PC3200

Lanparty UT NF3 Ultra-D... ofc

Hardrives : 36GB WD Raptor on Sata1

2X 200GB WD on Sata2 and Sata3

Audigy 4

Bios version 711

Now to the problems...

Have major problems with stability ect. I can almost only boot to windows and use the computer even thoe it's unstable with the Fail-Safe setting in BIOS.

The rams are running at 2 2 3 7 (2T) which is not stable and that is was the failsafe setting sets them to. Thoe if i change the settings i can't even get to windows loading screen, same if i change volts or any other smaller settings in BIOS.

So i have no idea waht to do really... read somewhere that kingston and DFI boards don't match very good? Well was hoping to get some answers.

/Road

Have you run memtest to know for sure that it's the ram? If not give it a shot so you know for sure whether or not they are causing the frustration. I haven't heard of problems with DFI and Kingston compatability but I suppose there could be.

Did you flash the bios recently to the 7/11? Flashing is kinda the last step I think you want to take but it may alleviate some of the problems if you try flashing the bios again. If you decide to do so, make it a much safer and easier process by using Tmod's bios flash cd. Check it out:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...highlight=tmods

Ok tried to run Memtest but that didin't work at all har my first error after 20sec and then more and more each 10-15sec.

But can't that be coz my memory timings are at 2-2-5-7?

And no i can't change to slower ones becuase then the computer don't reach bios screen.. just black screen when turning on the computer. I can't boot to windows if i change anything really.

I flashed the computer again also... with 711 again... didin't help anything thoe.

I don't know what to do anymore. Got any idead :(

Ok an update.

The first Memtest i did was in windows and that didin't work.

But this time i ran Memtest from dos or where the TMod utility runs from and i ran it 2 full tests that took 1h and no errors at all... and the memory had the failsafe timings of 2-2-2-5.

So i guess that means that my mem sticks are just fine.

That leaves compability issues? or can it be something else?

Thx for any answers..

Best advice is to study the OC guide here on forum to help in understanding memory settings. As running memtest from dos or bios does not show how memory works within windows. Have seen many where it would pass in dos but fail in windows.

Best advice is to study the OC guide here on forum to help in understanding memory settings. As running memtest from dos or bios does not show how memory works within windows. Have seen many where it would pass in dos but fail in windows.

Yeah but by running it in DOS didin't it show that the mem sticks are not bad?

I'm not overclocking the computer at all. It's not stable on default settings or anything.

It can only boot with fast mem timings if i use idiot safe slow speed timings then i can't even access BIOS... have to clear cmos if i even touch the mem timings..

And no it's not stable with the default settings...

It shows memory as good but does not show settings are good for stable system. These boards are not really made to operate at default settings there made to tweak. And you memory has shown some problems with dfi boards.

It shows memory as good but does not show settings are good for stable system. These boards are not really made to operate at default settings there made to tweak.

Yeah I know that but I can't change any settings... if I do then I can't access BIOS or get to windows loading screen :I

You can check databases here on forum for settings for your memory or other forums. But if you study the OC till you really understand it you can find your own settings. I wish there was an easier way but there isn't. That is one reason we recommend only known good ram here on forum so users have better access to settings.If it were my rig I would change the ram to OCZ