Doesn't turn on; leds flashing

This computer has worked fine for the last 6 months or so, and today it wouldn't turn on. I dont know if this has anything to do with it, but before it stopped working, I was running memtest to check the memory as I was having some crashing problems with some games. I then opened up the computer, and when I tried turning it on, it wouldn't. The yellow led below the PCI slot flashes, the one next to the ram flashes, and the green LAN light flashes as well. Any solutions? I've tried taking ram out, but that didn't work.

Thanks

How many leds?

Here is the way to read the Diagnostic LEDs.

4 LEDs on = Power applied, checking CPU

3 LEDs on = CPU has been detected OK, checking RAM

2 LEDs on = RAM has been detected OK, checking VGA

1 LED on = VGA has been detected OK, entering BIOS

0 LEDs on = System has booted to the Operating System.

As long as you are in the BIOS including running memtest from the BIOS option, there will be one LED on.

Example: If you are getting 3 LEDs on, it means the rig is having trouble detecting the RAM.

The lower(PCI) Amber LED is the 5VSB indicator. The upper Amber LED is the RAM voltage indicator. Once the rig has started and been shut down the RAM LED will go out until the PSU is power cycled.

How many leds?

Here is the way to read the Diagnostic LEDs.

4 LEDs on = Power applied, checking CPU

3 LEDs on = CPU has been detected OK, checking RAM

2 LEDs on = RAM has been detected OK, checking VGA

1 LED on = VGA has been detected OK, entering BIOS

0 LEDs on = System has booted to the Operating System.

As long as you are in the BIOS including running memtest from the BIOS option, there will be one LED on.

Example: If you are getting 3 LEDs on, it means the rig is having trouble detecting the RAM.

The lower(PCI) Amber LED is the 5VSB indicator. The upper Amber LED is the RAM voltage indicator. Once the rig has started and been shut down the RAM LED will go out until the PSU is power cycled.

None of the red leds are on. Only the yellow one under the PCI slot, the yellow one next to the ram, and the green LAN one all flash continuiously.

Actually no, memtest probably had nothing to do with it as the computer started fine after I exited it. It started after I opened the case and tried to turn it on again.

You might try clearing the CMOS. It sounds like there is some corruption somewhere.

Also update the drivers for your video card.

Depending how long it has been since you did a complete install of windows, you may want to give that a try, also.

You might try clearing the CMOS. It sounds like there is some corruption somewhere.

Also update the drivers for your video card.

Depending how long it has been since you did a complete install of windows, you may want to give that a try, also.

Just tried clearing cmos, didn't work.

Can you get into windows or not, as you never give a straight answear on that ^_^ ? And i belive that yellow one flashing (if you can get into windows) Could very well be the power supply? What Power supply do you have as you forgot to add that to you sig! Like forgetting to tell the blood bank what blood type you are :D

Can you get into windows or not, as you never give a straight answear on that ^_^ ? And i belive that yellow one flashing (if you can get into windows) Could very well be the power supply? What Power supply do you have as you forgot to add that to you sig! Like forgetting to tell the blood bank what blood type you are :D

Sorry for the confusion, the computer doesnt even START at all, so not even close to getting into windows. When I apply power (switch on the power supply), the leds flash until I unplug the powercord/switch. When I try to turn on the computer, nothing happens at all. The powersupply is a Seasonic 500 A2, as it says in the signature, I know of the problems, but I haven't had problems with it for over 6 months. Maybe it just decided to stop working?

Guest caffeinejunkie

Do you have another psu to try? I say that because I believe if the LED next to the memory is blinking then that means your psu is having an issue with 5v rail.

Do you have all four power connections made?

# 24pin ATX connector.

# 4pin +12v P4 connector, near the ATX connector.

# Floppy power connector, under the CPU socket.

# Hard drive power connector, on top the chipset fan.

I know you just tried a CMOS clear but have you tried a Last Resort Clear?

Also you might wanna check out this thread of issues people have been having with seasonic psus and DFI boards.

good luck

# Floppy power connector, under the CPU socket.

I can't seem to find this one.

I will try the last resort method

On another note, is it normal that powersupplies just die like this?

edit: oh, one more thing, today I noticed a lot of crashes in games- anything to do with powersupply?