"Top 10" Strangest Case Mods?

Guest Blooz1_merged

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Timmay

I remember reading about the wheel mod a while back, that was some awesome work.

Also got me interested in the hardware.

The WoMD one is just kick arse, turning up to a LAN with that and a screen would get some attention.

That WMD one WAS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't think that very many of them were strange.. except for the hard drive one.

Guest nibs

I saw one a long time ago that I still think about, the entire exterior of the case was made from fans. I think they all even turned on. Can't seem to find it though.

http://teampuss.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t...der=asc&start=0

Not really a case mod, but still pretty impressive what this guy has done. I haven't seen it but I believe it's still in Ames. He's experimenting with a dielectric bath - basically submerging the motherboard in a dielectric fluid and cooling the fluid down. This is in addition to the custom cooler for the cpu and graphics cards....pretty cool stuff.

I've been thinking about using the polishing wheels for my TDX sometime this summer...just for sumthin to do.

Guest caffeinejunkie
http://teampuss.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t...der=asc&start=0

Not really a case mod, but still pretty impressive what this guy has done. I haven't seen it but I believe it's still in Ames. He's experimenting with a dielectric bath - basically submerging the motherboard in a dielectric fluid and cooling the fluid down. This is in addition to the custom cooler for the cpu and graphics cards....pretty cool stuff.

I've been thinking about using the polishing wheels for my TDX sometime this summer...just for sumthin to do.

Now that is crazy. Lol I love how he says he has no experience with phase :D. God id kill for a machine shop like that :eek: .

Guest Blooz1

Thanks for that one, Dan!

Kinda like "old home week" - we used to use the exact same equipment at the company I used to work for for many years for metallographic samples used for measuring electroplating thickness! It's not as simple as it looks to get a good finish, by a long shot!

BTW - any idea of the cost of that project?