Sign in to follow this  
4evrnyt

Bad video card or chipset?

Guest GripS
Well I used THIS CALCULATOR to calculate my power needs and it said 333W (including some surge and wear and tear factoring). The new PSU says 31A on the 12V rails. I suppose the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. *Crosses fingers*

Dude. There is a power supply recommendation list here in this forum. It clearly states that 480 watts is the MINIMUM recommended. If you chose not to follow these recommendations(From a DFI employee) then your asking for more issues. Power supply issues can be tough to diagnose so save yourself some headaches and get a unit from the recommended list.

My problem turned out to be a faulty video card too.

So same symptoms and same fix as 4evrnyt

A new Gigabyte 7600GS hasn't missed a beat.

Frames and system rock solid.

Yes, 939 typo. Sheesh. 3 and an 8 aren't THAT dissimilar...

chipsets cause ALL video stability issues.temps race to 60+(on air) when 3d gaming.and the answer is the sparkle vga cooler ppl are putting on them,pfft.i run water on my chipset but cant use my first pci-ex slot because of it............lifes great.

I powered up the computer today and all of my games starting having artifacting on the screen. It seemed to be working fine last night before powering down howerver yesterday after noon I was overclocking it pretty hard.

This is a good example of what I get on the screen in most games:http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/4ev.../Screen01-1.jpg

I just replaced the chipset fan yesterday also so I was curious if it could be something with that. I'm thinking that I've most likely fried the video card but I'm wondering if anyone knows if the chipset can also cause the kind of problem you see in the screen shot?

1.6 volts is to hi dude.temps are smoldering in sure.

1.6 volts is to hi dude.temps are smoldering in sure.

Coretemp shows an accurate temp reading. My cpu is 35C idle and 49C under load and that is with air cooling in a 30C room. The CPU runs at 1.5 stock so why is 1.6 to high?