Ultra D...problems getting post

okay, i just built a new DFI system, asus can lick my [email protected]ay, i can't get past the last diagnostic led, it just hangs there..i get a long beep and then 2-3 short ones..all real fast, then it just sits there at 1 led...is it my craptastic eVGA 7900 GT KO? or am i missing something?

all of the four connections are in place

DFI Ultra D

AMD X2 3800

eVGA 7900 GT KO

Mushkin 2Gb PC4000 (in the orange slots:tried with just one stick, same results)

4x Hitachi Deskstar 250Gb

OCZ Powerstream 600w

i am using a samsung Syncmaster 930b, i was using a vga cable, but changed it to a DVI when i built this system, don't think that matters, but it kept switching from digital to analog, which i would think is from a lack of i/o via the card

I would do a long CMOS clear like this; Proper way to clear the CMOS from a "No Boot" condition?

4 LEDs on = Power applied, checking CPU

3 LEDs on = CPU has been detected OK, checking RAM

2 LEDs on = RAM has been detected OK, checking VGA

1 LED on = VGA has been detected OK, entering BIOS

0 LEDs on = System has booted to the Operating System

º¿º

You've probably allready tried with the other stick. I mention it only because the first thing to cross my mind was memory error. Was it werkin' before?(guess not) Did you bench test the board? Is it in a case? Have you tried pulling the card and trying another? I've got alot of possible suggestions hopefully we'll hit one that works.

yeah..i'm doing a long clear tonight, i work midnights so i'll see how things go in the morning

i've switched ram slots, but not ram, just the sticks...the board is in a case, it's watercooled and a replacement for a asus board that had a bad chipset that asus won't replace because i put a aftermarket cooler on the chipset ...ahhh...but anyway, it's not hard to swap stuff around....the video card is next....eVGA said they will replace it if it's the problem, which "that" card has been having a lot of problems....Nvidia screwed the 7900's up pretty bad on the voltage regulators...i took out my x-fi card before i ever booted to eliminate that possibility...hardware makers really need to take ownership of the problems they are selling people...

well, finally got some time on my hands and was able to pull one of my 7800 GTX's from my sli system, it's the pc i'm using now..so anyway, i put that card in and the 7900 GT KO is to blame....i posted right off the bat...no problems...so now i wait for an rma i guess, thanks for all the help