Removing Big Typhoon....

Question:

Is it hard (or impossible) to remove the sticky padding/metal plate backing for the Big Typhoon from the back of a motherboard once its been attached? I am wanting to "upgrade" to an expert board from my ultra-d, and I want to remove the padding and transfer it to my new board. Is it going to mess things up on the back of the mobo? Would I be able to transfer it? Anyone done this before? If it comes off fine, I am going to get the expert and sell my ultra-d (not sli-modded) online. Thanks! :)

I might try the hair dryer idea, but if its too much of a hassle, i'll probably just stick with what I have. The reason why I wanted to switch to the expert is because i've heard that the PWMIC doesn't get as hot when under full load, whereas mine right now is getting up to around 61-62. also, expert has the sli already set up, and more sata options. any opinions/suggestions? Btw...thanks for the quick response, everyone!

I would stick with what you have and just put a fan over that area personaly. You can get the sli bridge from dfi for $18 dollars shipped. You might want to try rerouting all your cables to for better airflow.

I do have a fan directed at it (80mm) sitting on the right side of my big typhoon on one of my hdd's... it actually cooled it well for a bit, but then it started getting hot again. I will see what i can do w/ the cords, but with my tsunami case, that area is getting cluttered. Thanks for the help! I've thought about getting an sli bridge, but it was shipping from canada, and the shipping was ridiculous. Do you know of a place in the us where i can get one?