CAB2E stepping for Operton 146 any good?

Guys,

I have an Opteron 146 with CAB2E steppings. How is does this stepping rank as far as good or bad one? Could you point to a couple threads?

I am currently running Super Pi 32m stable at 10 X 270mhz. I haven't done my Prime stable testing yet. I would be pretty satisfied at 10 X 270mhz but if I could get more why the hell not!

After the CAB2E comes 0604DPAW. This might also be important. Was it manufactured in April of 2006?

Thanks,

Stuart

Most late CAB2E's in the 06 range do pretty well on stock voltages. Usually 2.8 stable.

Most CAB2E's in the 0545 range and scale really well. Do 400 mhz on stock, but can hit 3.0 and above at higher voltages. CAB2E 0545 is a really good stepping. But the newer steppings have been performing well.

Okay, I want to make sure I am clear on this. CAB2E is the stepping and 0604DPAW is when it was manufactured (4th week of 2006). Right?

I am currently stuck at 2.7ghz (10X270). At 2.75ghz, my graphics card starts acting up. I get this error saying "VPU Recovery has reset your graphics accelerator . . ." Anyway I can tweek the PCI bus or graphics card? Somone else has told me no, its either the CPU or your memory.

Okay, I want to make sure I am clear on this. CAB2E is the stepping and 0604DPAW is when it was manufactured (4th week of 2006). Right?

I am currently stuck at 2.7ghz (10X270). At 2.75ghz, my graphics card starts acting up. I get this error saying "VPU Recovery has reset your graphics accelerator . . ." Anyway I can tweek the PCI bus or graphics card? Somone else has told me no, its either the CPU or your memory.

Enter the Catalyst Control Centre and turn the VPU Recovery off - that may give you a short term solution.

Have you OC'ed the Gfx Card also what is the PCI Bus speed? Should be 66/67 default I believe.

TBH changing the PCI Bus speed will not really gain you any performance increase but, will cause instability.

R4z

How about CACJE? 0607APAW is on the chip as well

That any good? Looking for a 2.6 or 2.7gHz overclock when I get round to building it ;)...

It's a 146 btw :)

CACJE's aren't a bad stepping. They are a okay stepping, maybe slightly behind the CAB2E's, but some of the CACJE's from specific weeks overclock really well. A 2.6 to 2.7 OC is definitely doable though for all CACJE steppings with minimal voltage increase.