AMD Dual Core Optimizer (NEW)

aurora

Hello Everyone

Just found a new Update for AMD Dual Core Processors :

"AMD Dual-Core Optimizer" - The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction. Applications that rely on RDTSC do not benefit from the logic in the operating system to properly account for the affect of power management mechanisms on the rate at which a processor core's Time Stamp Counter (TSC) is incremented. The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer helps to correct the resulting video performance effects or other incorrect timing effects that these applications may experience on dual-core or multiple processor systems".

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/Techni...71_9706,00.html

- I think this is meant to be the dual core fix, so you might not need to install ms hotfix or do regedit.

cya...

New Processor Driver listed as well - Edit by Soundx98

"AMD Athlon™ 64/FX Processor Driver for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Version (x86 and x64 exe) 1.3.2 - Allows the system to automatically adjust the CPU speed, voltage and power combination that match the instantaneous user performance need. Download this Setup Installation program (EXE) to automatically update all the files necessary for installation. This package is recommended for users whom desire a graphical user interface for installation. This .EXE driver is a user friendly localized software installation of the driver designed for end-users. This driver supports AMD Athlon 64/FX processors on Windows XP SP2, Windows 2003 SP1 x84 and x64 Editions."

1.3.2 near bottom of the same page as above http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_ty...amdcpusetup.exe

New CPU-Z v1.35 Available - Post by Happy_Games

www.cpuid.com........Change Log

* ATI RS350, RS400, RS480/RX480, RS482, RD580/RX580, RS600/RD600, RS690, RS700 chipsets support.

* ATI SB600 southbridge support.

* Intel P965 chipset support.

* Engineering samples Core based CPUs report.

* Windows Vista product line report.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question about the dual core hotfix:

Is the registry addition necessary for the fix to work? I think it's needed only if you want to disable it... I think after installing the hotfix the PerfEnableIdleManager option defaults to 1 so you only need to add the registry option if you want to set it to 0...

Also, should I uninstall the hotfix & registry entry before installing the AMD fix?

I have a question about the dual core hotfix:

Is the registry addition necessary for the fix to work? I think it's needed only if you want to disable it... I think after installing the hotfix the PerfEnableIdleManager option defaults to 1 so you only need to add the registry option if you want to set it to 0...

Also, should I uninstall the hotfix & registry entry before installing the AMD fix?

U will only need to use regedit if ur using the old method of patching ms fix then regedit. regarding PerfEnableIdleManager - Mine is set to 1, and all is running ok even at 2.8, i have not uninstalled the hotfix on the reg entry as the update has overwritten the entry and the extra options in the boot.ini file.

This patch is what I have been waiting for since I first got my dual core cpu. I already had the MS patch and regfix but this has really made a HUGE difference. Not much in the way of fps increases in games but it has eliminated all traces of stuttering and I can finally play Quicktime 1080 HD videos like absolute butter. Many thanks for the link, awesome work from AMD!!!!

Edit- I installed over the MS Hotfix and it has worked great!

No noticeable change in Obvilion, I tried it in a couple of CPU-constrained areas. No bad side effects tho, tried also in HL2. BTW, I also installed on top of MS hotfix.

Edit: Correction: HL2 now seems to fly, much better w/ the fix.