[Resolved] Alcohol soft + Daemon tools weird problem

ciberfog

My Alcohol and my Daemon tools just stop working a few days ago, I desintalling everything from both programs, and got the lastest versions and when I try to install them i got the next msg "this program will installs SCSI Pass Throigh Direct (STPD( layer on your computer. STPD is not compatible with kernel mode debuggers. options are ok and cancel, when u say "ok" u got the next msg "setup must restart windows and continue installation after reboot. options ok and cancel. when u say ok the computer restart and when windows is back, i have again this question "this program will installs SCSI Pass Throigh Direct (STPD( layer on your computer. STPD is not compatible with kernel mode debuggers" so i never pass there, and that happens with alcohol soft and with daemon.

Any idea why is this happening?

Have you tried uninstalling both, then reinstalling one OR the other? Since they both have virtual drives as part of the program, you might be getting conflicts with them both installing drivers for the virtual drives.

When i used to use Alcohol (was a long time ago and might have been too buggy) i would sometimes have major problems with it crashing immediately after i executed it while daemon tools was running.

That message about installing SCSI pass through direct layer is normal whilst installing Daemon Tools, but it should be a one time thing only. Did you have Alcohol installed before you installed Daemon Tools? Perhaps something Alcohol installs is conflicting with something Daemon is trying to install?

if you run windows x64 it is an easy fix 32bit i dont know for sure. its a windows update of the kernal and is not even for security, KB914784 u can easily remove it from add and remove programs with show updates checked at the top. it messed with me for about a week before i figured it out but i havent seen a fix on 32bit or if the issues happens there. my guess is they didnt get it out to developers before releasing it so expect new versions of both programs soon.

if you run windows x64 it is an easy fix 32bit i dont know for sure. its a windows update of the kernal and is not even for security, kb914784 u can easily remove it from add and remove programs with show updates checked at the top. it messed with me for about a week before i figured it out but i havent seen a fix on 32bit or if the issues happens there. my guess is they didnt get it out to developers before releasing it so expect new versions of both programs soon.

I just did that! is working now! thanks a lot, that was a weird and strange fix lol great research there. thanks again