Big problems with Athlon 64 3700+ mobile in my desktop - Please help

• 2 months later...
UPDATE:

I ordered new memory. I got OCZ Platinum PC-4000 2GB (2 x 1GB). Timings are 3-3-2-8. I was hoping it would fix the problem, but it hasnt. These stick use CE-6 Infineon IC's.

After lots of random trial and error i got my system to boot into windows twice. Here are the only settings i changed in the optimized BIOS when it worked.

Black = 1st time it booted into windows

Red = 2nd time

FSB - 201

LDT/FSB - 5

CPU/FSB Freq - 11

CPU Vid Control - 1.400V & 1.350

DRAM Freq - 1:1

CPC - Enable (for 1T)

Tcl - 3

Trcd - 3

Tras - 8

Trp - 2

Max Async Latency - 6 & 5

Read Preamble Time - 5 & 6

After each time windows started i restarted the computer it would again say "detecting array" and wouldnt go back into windows. I'm VERY FRUSTRATED and need help. Does anyone else recommned other values to try in the BIOS. Why is this thing so hit and miss? Any help is appreciated.

i would say that you have to let all the memory setting to auto.

Maybe u have already tried that so if you did sorry.

I keep having to many problems with boot on windows with my mobile 3000+ but i think all the problems come from memories chips

Put your memory on a divider in the bios. The one guy I knew on here who was using 2x1GB sticks with these chips required him to set his memory on a divider to boot normally into windows. 9/10 should suffice, and it will barely degrade performance but will help with stability.

He had that problem with both his 3700+ Newark and 4000+ Newark.

Also, set both Max Async Latency and Read Preamble to AUTO, the board will decide good values for these and will help tremendously with stability.

Although the "Detecting RAID Bios..." error will not completely vanish it should only seldomly come up now.

Hope that helps you, good luck. :)