overclocking a LP ut nf3 250gb

I have a ques. I haveCorsair twinx 2x 512 pc 4000 memory. I thought it would help in over clocking, the best i was able to do was 2398mhz. I may have not done something right. Anyway it runs good on stock speeds. I have the bios that came with the board also the cpu is a AMD 64 3400+ dtr . Any suggestions on how to overclock the hardware i have would be helpful.

Thanks

• 7 months later...
I have a ques. I haveCorsair twinx 2x 512 pc 4000 memory. I thought it would help in over clocking, the best i was able to do was 2398mhz. I may have not done something right. Anyway it runs good on stock speeds. I have the bios that came with the board also the cpu is a AMD 64 3400+ dtr . Any suggestions on how to overclock the hardware i have would be helpful.

Thanks

1st of all, which cpu do you have? You say you have the 3400+, but in your sig you say it's the AMD Mobile Athlon 64 4000+ (62W) Newark 800MHz HT 1MB L2 Cache Socket 754 Processor. I have this cpu. I am having a lot of problems with it co-operating with my ram, which uses infineon chips. I have heard a few people are having the same problems. The cpu doesn't play nice with infineon.

If you do have the 3400+, and if it's a clawhammer, you're probably not going to get great 'ocing results with it. I hear the newcastles are much better 'ocers. Hope this helps ya. Good luck. :)

1st of all, which cpu do you have? You say you have the 3400+, but in your sig you say it's the AMD Mobile Athlon 64 4000+ (62W) Newark 800MHz HT 1MB L2 Cache Socket 754 Processor. I have this cpu. I am having a lot of problems with it co-operating with my ram, which uses infineon chips. I have heard a few people are having the same problems. The cpu doesn't play nice with infineon.

If you do have the 3400+, and if it's a clawhammer, you're probably not going to get great 'ocing results with it. I hear the newcastles are much better 'ocers. Hope this helps ya. Good luck. :)

I have a set of 2x1 g.skill hz's for my expert board and they will not run together on the board in my sig. One at a time they overclock to 260 no problem 8 hrs prime (didn't try any further).

If you have the 4000+ this one runs 231x13 24/7 one to one--2-3-3-6 under water with ram in sig.

I have a set of 2x1 g.skill hz's for my expert board and they will not run together on the board in my sig. One at a time they overclock to 260 no problem 8 hrs prime (didn't try any further).

If you have the 4000+ this one runs 231x13 24/7 one to one--2-3-3-6 under water with ram in sig.

I finnaly got the other stick of ram in there after setting ram drive strenght to 2 and tref to 2064 or something close to that. I'm at 2.6 stable, now i begin my oc'ing.....again.

I was lucky to get that other stick going.

update; I had to take out one stick of my nice ocz ram with it's "inferior" chips because 2gb's just won't play nice with my 4000+. Now i'm just going to oc with one gb. This sucks.

• 3 weeks later...

After talking to a few people, including a couple ocz reps, my combination of a socket 754, the mobile 4000+ and 2X1gb ocz infineon ram, it's almost imposible to run both sticks at or above 200mgz and oc the cpu. Were your g.skill hz infineon chips Gadugger?