Sign in to follow this  
stowenrat

754 Venice any good?

Hi, I have been out of the loop for some time and wondered if these were worth buying as a budget overclocker? The one I am thinking of is the 3200 ADA3200AI04BX, anyone know how they clock?

I have a 754 3000 E6 and it works nicely, not the best but what do you expect for about $100. I have it up to 2.6 and still doing some testing. Takes 1.623v to get there but it's worth it, hope that helps. Check out the Overclocking Database to get some ideas.

yeap me too my 2600 was $82 8 months ago and been running 2760 for 6 months. But you wont to get a BX or the newer E6

By the way if you didn't already notice that link to that tread is on a 939 venice format

I would pass on the turion, they are known bad clockers with below average memory controllers. Stick to the Venice core or Look into the Newark mobiles (a little pricey though)

As far as the 1600 vs 2000 HT, it's not that big a factor. There is some performance advantage with the 939 but not much.

yeap me too my 2600 was $82 8 months ago and been running 2760 for 6 months. But you wont to get a BX or the newer E6

By the way if you didn't already notice that link to that tread is on a 939 venice format

Hi mate, are the Semprons with 64 bit usually BX and E6?

the new ones out now are but its alway a good idea when ordering off a web site to look close to what your getting