Sign in to follow this  
marodavo

Sapphire X1900XT OC is temp acceptable ?

keep in mind that the 1.3.2 is for Cool & Quiet adjustable systems

if you are overclocking or have C&Q disabled then don't install it

look for the sticky in the Software section for the dual-core optimizer

Holy hell, I just popped mine in and immediately ran the built-in overclocker tuner. It stopped @ 650 (wth) when the temps just ran past 88c. Something is telling me the heat is the wall at the moment. Anyone got recommendations for cooler replacements (air)? I've been checking out the zalman vc900 (or something similar) but I'd like some opinions before I order one.

Of course, I also blame the bloody heatwave we're having... over 30C (that's 86F and up for you imperials).

Note: I don't have aircondition. Very few in Sweden have that.

Note2: I really really really don't like the Catalyst Control Center. What's wrong with the old-style tabbed config system? bah..

Wow, I'm already in love with my X1900XT. It put my 6800GS 512MB GTH card to shame. Talk about generational shift in performance.

The ATi Drivers do a really poor job of upping fan speed relative to heat. I found that they barely spun up even after a long intense gaming session. Try installing ATiTool to control the 1900's fan and the temps will definetly become lower than previous.

Quite a few people have complained about CCC in the past and tend to go with the Omega ATi drivers ( www.omegadrivers.net ). It encorporates the old control panel instead of CCC (which = no .net) and plays quite nicely with ATiTool ( http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/ ).

i use ATI Tool like most do to get serious clock speeds (and adjust gpu/memory voltages on the card!)

aftermarket coolers = Arctic Cooling Accelero is what I prefer, the Zalman is great...we are i think still waiting for the Arctic Silencer for the X1900 series

Accelero so far is the quietest

however...watercooling is the ONLY way to go for me ;)

745/846 on water using ATI Tool