Sapphire X1900XT OC is temp acceptable ?

Hi all!

I have a question for you all ! Is this temp normal ?

GFX card : Sapphire X1900XT

Idle : 500/600 temp = 45

OC: 675/750 temp = 65-70

Will I damage my card if I go 70 degrees for hours and hours of gaming ?

My main question, is this setting safe ?

/David

You will definetly be fine with those temps. When I first got my XT, i just popped it in, installed drivers, then it was off to some Need for Speed Most Wanted. I played for easily 2 or 3 hours crashing into everything in sight cause the eye candy was so good. When i got out of the game, the Overdrive panel said 94C so i assume it was running at that temp for a while.

What program, if any, are you using to control your fan speed? Also, what are you using to overclock your card?

Nvidia and ATI gpu max temps range about 140C so you are ok

with the stock cooler and my card clocked from 625/650 to 700/800 the temps under full load with teh artifact tester open would hit around 85C...perfectly fine (but with full waterblock @ 745/846 they now only hit about 65C max lol)

EllisD, I use ATI Tools for both...

Should I lower the volts or should I stick with 1.425 ? What would you do, my goal is to have a stable card with long life. (that means low in C's).

/David

Sometimes when I play some games ! Most Wanted for instance it goes berserk on the framerate (really fast) on max settings ! Impssible to play ! is there a bug in Ati Tool ? got different settings for 3D and different for default (windows 2D Applications)...

Do you guys have a similar problem shifting the profiles ?

/David

1.425V is default 3D voltage so you will be fine with that. if you want, you can try bumping that down a notch or 2 to run the card a bit cooler. But be sure to test for stability.

The shifting problem can be attributed to you having a dual core and not installing the driver or the hotfix, but then again...

how would we know if you had a dual core??? (hint, hint, sig man)

Sometimes when I play some games ! Most Wanted for instance it goes berserk on the framerate (really fast) on max settings ! Impssible to play ! is there a bug in Ati Tool ? got different settings for 3D and different for default (windows 2D Applications)...

Do you guys have a similar problem shifting the profiles ?

/David

best read the rules of the forum and get a sig together quickly