Sign in to follow this  
Peter949

7900gt aftermarket air cooling solutions

What is the best aftermarket air cooling solution for my evga 7900gt? Recommendations?

nvsilencer 6 rev 2 and some ramsinks.. it blows hot air out the back of the case. thats what im using on my 7900gt..

What do you have the ram sinks on? The mem? How many? What were your temp difference?

Thanks for the help.

im using the silencer 5 rev 3 on my 7800gtx, lowered my idle by almost 10c, load by ... hmm, 15 more or less, and im overclocking it more now, so maybe more, not to mentino the chipest's lower temps

/edit

the ramsinks provided with the silencer arent that good, he probably used something else, but to be honest, i find it hard to believe your memory will ever limit you, and even then, only on high OC

What do you have the ram sinks on? The mem? How many? What were your temp difference?

Thanks for the help.

i just have the regular zalman bga ramsinks (8) on the mem... because these sinks are pretty low.. so they dont hit against the nv silencer... my idle temps are 36c with stock cooling it was idleing 45-50c

With a Zalman Vf900-cu, my 7900GT hit a max temp of 55 with 1.5 volts running through it. With the factory cooler it was hitting 80+ with only 1.4v... The VF900 comes with ram sinks too.... The best option in my opinion.

715/945x2? wowzers! what is your fps in cs:s in 30 plus player servers? I'm quite disappointed with this card and source. I am planning to volt mod, was going to 1.4 but with those clocks I might try 1.5. What is a good detailed guide?

715/945x2? wowzers! what is your fps in cs:s in 30 plus player servers? I'm quite disappointed with this card and source. I am planning to volt mod, was going to 1.4 but with those clocks I might try 1.5. What is a good detailed guide?

Haven't used the card for CS, but Oblivion looks great and smooth at very high settings, with all the goodies turned on. Doom 3 at 1280x1024 ultra with 2xaa never drops below the 60fps cap.

I have an XFX 7900gt extreme, and its fan is noisay as hell. It doesn't have any multiple speed options so it blows 100% even when playing games whcih means its noisy ALL THE TIME.

So, I want to change the fan to hopefully

1) Have differeing speeds

2)Just be quieter in general.

Are either of these possible and if so, what are some good options?

Cheers