What Voltage Is O.k.

dino-new

Sorry to overload the message board but I must ask as I am in the middle of oc'ing a new system. I just got a watercooling setup and I'm testing to see how far I can oc my cpu. It's a 2.6 - 800mhz fsb and I want atleast 3.5ghz. What voltage should I be at for that kind of oc?

And what's the strap cpu setting in the bios for? it has settings of 400, 533, 667 and 800mhz. Any other advice on bios settings would be awesome. I have the abit IC7 mobo.

Thanks,

Devin

Just up the voltage a little... and when i say a little i mean it, when your system becomes unstable after you have raised your FSB.

People running with too high a voltage can seriously burn out their processor fast regardless of cooling (Though the watercooling does help)

be carefull of too high a voltage... keep it as low as you can and still get the clock speeds you want.

Thanks, I'll do that. I've upped the voltage to 1.6 so far and I'm stable at a 230 fsb with my 3.2ghz P4. Hope I can go farther. I'm trying to adjust the thermal paste to a good thickeness right now. Wish me luck.

Devin