Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

Oh I believe anything in the low 3GHz range is plenty for pretty much everything.

I think Im going to get an entry into the OCDB @ 3400MHz and then Im going to tone it down to 3.2 probably... Im going to miss seeing the POST screen with my RAM at 948MHz. :cool:

Oh well. :rolleyes:

I just downloaded that Everest 2.20 (dont know which one I was using before) and it doesnt report my motherboard or RAM in the memory read tests. Weird. :confused:

EDIT: My room temp is probably mid to high 60's (my roommate and I like to abuse the AC here at college) or we have the window open.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning OldGuy, just thought I'd tell you that I was good all night at 365 x with the slight volt increase. I then went to 368 x 9 and started an Orthos, but it locked up just after about 6 minutes ... so I just upped the millivolts to 300.0mV. I disabled C1E function and went back to 120Mhz on the PCIe clock sync ... and I am typing this at the same time ... hopefully she won't lock up ... :cool:

Morning OldGuy, just thought I'd tell you that I was good all night at 365 x with the slight volt increase. I then went to 368 x 9 and started an Orthos, but it locked up just after about 6 minutes ... so I just upped the millivolts to 300.0mV. I disabled C1E function and went back to 120Mhz on the PCIe clock sync ... and I am typing this at the same time ... hopefully she won't lock up ... :cool:

1.625v is the highest I've gone...that got me 3800 on the E6600 at 423fsb...I think I just lucky with my cpu and mobo...

Oh I believe anything in the low 3GHz range is plenty for pretty much everything. I just downloaded that Everest 2.20 (dont know which one I was using before) and it doesnt report my motherboard or RAM in the memory read tests. Weird. :confused:

EDIT: My room temp is probably mid to high 60's (my roommate and I like to abuse the AC here at college) or we have the window open.

Too bad you don't have the outside temps like i do ... right now it's about 20F outside and I have my window open next to my rig setup ... real cool temps reported from Everest ... 34C for motherboard ... 37C for NB and CPU's while Orthos priming right now ... both hovering around 50C ... not bad ... of course at times I have to wear long underware and gloves, but it's cool ... :cool:

1.625v is the highest I've gone...that got me 3800 on the E6600 at 423fsb...I think I just lucky with my cpu and mobo...

You know I was wondering that that has to be why there are differences in many people's rigs ... just how much a certain proc can take the volts and so on ... coupled that with varying brands of RAM. I know that each rig is like a special little set-up. No two are exactly alike. That's why it's so much fun pushing your rig to see where it can go and how close you can get it to match someone else's setup. Thanks again for your kind help ... :)

You know I was wondering that that has to be why there are differences in many people's rigs ... just how much a certain proc can take the volts and so on ... coupled that with varying brands of RAM. I know that each rig is like a special little set-up. No two are exactly alike. That's why it's so much fun pushing your rig to see where it can go and how close you can get it to match someone else's setup. Thanks again for your kind help ... :)

Well I think you guys that are struggling even to get close to 400mhz are seeing a limitation with the board, not the cpu's...I may be totally off the mark or I just scored three different cpus that will all hit 3.60...though I didn't have the 6400 in the P5B long enough to get it stable at 450 X 8...I was damned close before I buggered it all up and tried some Corsair memory :P By the time I gave up and put my Geils back in the damn thing refused to boot above 399...which is what it did when I put the Corsairs in. It is a weird board let me tell you ;) This Infinity is all spit and polish compared to the Asus (IMO)...but it's still a fun little board.

I am beginning to think that is the problem. I just got this board about 3 weeks ago. It had the 731 BIOS and I immediately flashed to the 913 BIOS. I just had it lockup on me just after 45 minutes of Orthos at 367 FSB x 9 with 1.625V. I just now rebooted and said, "What the hell, I am jsut gonna crank up the memory divider and see what happens!" I am now at the 667 divider with 367 x 9. It booted real fast and it just seems like the performance is much better. However, the test will be to see if it doesn't lockup ...here's with fingers crossed!

Im on the 667 divider and its great... OC'ed my RAM WAYY above what I thought it could do.

If I try the 800 divider, I cant get it to POST, needing a CMOS clear, which is pretty annoying when Ive got everything running all nice-nice.

You shouldnt have any problem running that 667 divider, you might be able to try the 800, maybe.

Im on the 667 divider and its great... OC'ed my RAM WAYY above what I thought it could do.

If I try the 800 divider, I cant get it to POST, needing a CMOS clear, which is pretty annoying when Ive got everything running all nice-nice.

You shouldnt have any problem running that 667 divider, you might be able to try the 800, maybe.

I had another lockup just minutes ago ... you know, I remember when I was OC'ing my AXP sometime ago, that this type of lockup was due to not enough juice on the DRAM. So I just upped the volts for the DRAM to 2.25V and now I am going to see what happens. I am at the 667 divider, 367 FSB x 9 and still at 1.32500V plus added 300.0mV ... now, one question...is that equal to exactly 1.62500V on the CPU?

I had another lockup just minutes ago ... you know, I remember when I was OC'ing my AXP sometime ago, that this type of lockup was due to not enough juice on the DRAM. So I just upped the volts for the DRAM to 2.25V and now I am going to see what happens. I am at the 667 divider, 367 FSB x 9 and still at 1.32500V plus added 300.0mV ... now, one question...is that equal to exactly 1.62500V on the CPU?

Yup...1.625v

Yup...1.625v

Okay great, now another question ... why does CPUIZ report the voltage for the CPU at 1.213V and Everest Ultimate is reporting it at 1.6V? Plus, I had to up the DRAM Volts to 2.3 just to keep from locking up ... it was locking up in the BIOS ... geeez!

Edit: I am sure this OCZ Ram of mine can take the volts, right?

I dunno, my Corsair is just dandy at 2.25v.

You have faster RAM than I do, and their Gold series might be better than my XMS2, so you might be able to push it a little bit more. Try setting the latencies to auto instead of 5-6-6-15 and see what that does.