Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

And I like pre-OCed cards, cuz in reality, they normally do clock higher than regular cards, I've proved that as my regular Ultra with a Super can only do 700/1150 and that was unstable, whereas my old Dual Superclocked cards could do 715/1175 stable.

Overclockability should be more compared for each card individually; having 2 cards with different BIOSes was probably screwing you over. In fact, the factory OCed cards are invariably the same hardware as the standard; just a different BIOS image that (in addition to faster clocks) sometimes has tweaks to the RAM timings and voltages to aid in stability, but those are easy to change.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Splave, do you have Crysis? I'm just curious what someone's real world #s look like... wish I had a Quad/SLI system to compare to on it in Ultimate 64, cuz I'll buy it in a heart beat if the #s are even similar to what I get, cuz I have SEEN DX10 Crysis and it's gorgeous, well worth a slight drop in frame rate til the patch comes out and fixes it better.

Splave, do you have Crysis? I'm just curious what someone's real world #s look like... wish I had a Quad/SLI system to compare to on it in Ultimate 64, cuz I'll buy it in a heart beat if the #s are even similar to what I get, cuz I have SEEN DX10 Crysis and it's gorgeous, well worth a slight drop in frame rate til the patch comes out and fixes it better.

Have you tried this yet Charmed ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can you guys give me some insight as to a good temp for 24/7 use? I am overclocking my E6750 I have it a 2.9ghz right now. Im getting 52-54c under load and 34-37c idle with coretemp. It seems that what I read in the bios is 10c cooler than what coretemp reports. I have a goal of 3.2ghz and would like to use that speed 24/7. It wont be under load alot, just when I test. Whats a good 24/7 temp with coretemp? Thanks for any info! :)

from what ive learned about these cpus most people are happy with 50-65 ish some people will run thiers at 65-79 ish but alot of people frown when they see temps this high and its prolly degrading the longevity of your cpu. so if your low to mid 60s you should be good to go

from what ive learned about these cpus most people are happy with 50-65 ish some people will run thiers at 65-79 ish but alot of people frown when they see temps this high and its prolly degrading the longevity of your cpu. so if your low to mid 60s you should be good to go

Thanks for the insight, I feel alot better about my temps now. I am running 54-55c under load @ 3120mhz or 390 x8! I dont think I want to run my CPU above 60c so I should be good for my 3.2ghz. If I can get more mhz and stay under 60c that would be a big bounce!

31202mhzyw7.th.jpg

I hit my 3.2ghz last night. I started priming at 11:31pm and Im going for 24h prime stable. I should be able to get an OCDB entry tonight. :)

Now I do have a question regarding my cpu temp/volts. I want to bring my temps down, so im thinking of bringing my volts down and test for stabilty. I just dont know how much I should lower my volts at a time. Whats a good number, .01, .005? Im running stock volts now. 1.35v? What would you guys do?

I would leave it running at stock volts. Surely under load your processor vcore droops at least a little bit (mine drops .04 with Loadline Calibration on Auto or Off and .02 with Loadline Calibration on).

Wild swings in the vcore aren't good for the processor.

On the other hand, based on o/c results I've seen on the E6750, you should still have a lot of headroom to go even higher on your clocks - and maybe even still at stock vcore.

What cpu heatsink cooler are you using?

I would leave it running at stock volts. Surely under load your processor vcore droops at least a little bit (mine drops .04 with Loadline Calibration on Auto or Off and .02 with Loadline Calibration on).

Wild swings in the vcore aren't good for the processor.

On the other hand, based on o/c results I've seen on the E6750, you should still have a lot of headroom to go even higher on your clocks - and maybe even still at stock vcore.

What cpu heatsink cooler are you using?

I do get a vdroop with my board. I go from 1.350v in bios, to idle 1.340v in cpuz and abit guru tool, and under full load I get 1.310v with cpuz and abit guru tool. I cant do an lower volt with my bios. The lowest my board will go is 1.350v, but I can go upto 2.0v tho! :eek:

I was thinking of going higher with my chip, as long as it stays under 60c for me. My heatsink I am using is a zalman 9700led and I hit a high of 56c under load. "prime95" I just have to spend some time with my memory to see where it can go.