Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made 4-4-4-15 yesterday with some serious effort (5hrs of messing around inc 7 cmos resets and then a good few hrs of priming to check) In the end it was a combination of setting secondary timings correctly (some we too loose seemingly) and getting the voltage in exactly the right hole (2.16v).

Also seeming it helped the keep PPM on.... weird but that seemed to be a big problem.

Dammit thats was too much like hard work. lol. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to think they are now running to there full potential.

Enough so that I jumped on to a cod4 server and got a 13 kill streak with 7 knifes and scored 17-4 in a couple of minutes. :D

Guest RandallTank
Made 4-4-4-15 yesterday with some serious effort (5hrs of messing around inc 7 cmos resets and then a good few hrs of priming to check) In the end it was a combination of setting secondary timings correctly (some we too loose seemingly) and getting the voltage in exactly the right hole (2.16v).

Also seeming it helped the keep PPM on.... weird but that seemed to be a big problem.

Dammit thats was too much like hard work. lol. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to think they are now running to there full potential.

Enough so that I jumped on to a cod4 server and got a 13 kill streak with 7 knifes and scored 17-4 in a couple of minutes. :D

got my e2180 to 3GHz (not hard) and played TF2 and got 56 points with 1 death

TF2 is wiked! havent played it since the lan event at work a few weeks ago. cod4 just engulfs everything. I am however about to start Never winter nights 2, love a good RPG.

We have digressed anyways,

Now priming at 816MHz done 40mins whoop whoop (at same latencys and volts)

Will let yall know how it goes tomorrow.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll have a go at My first OCDB entry, when I get something respectable.

TF2 is wiked! havent played it since the lan event at work a few weeks ago. cod4 just engulfs everything. I am however about to start Never winter nights 2, love a good RPG.

We have digressed anyways,

Now priming at 816MHz done 40mins whoop whoop (at same latencys and volts)

Will let yall know how it goes tomorrow.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll have a go at My first OCDB entry, when I get something respectable.

I see the rules have gotten slack around here.

Where are your system specs? I'd like to know what you are running.

Hey unless you are looking for technical support. (I currently am not) Technical specs in sig's are optional. http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21207

FYI this is the latest.

QX6800 @ 3.57GHz (Zalman CPNS 9700) on 1.36v

2gb OCZ plat rev2 PC6400 @ 816MHz 4-4-4-15 on 2.16V

DFI Infinity 975X/G fsb @ 324MHz on 1.65v (HR-05)

Nvidia 8800GTX (stock)

WD raptor 150

OCZ GXS 600W

Vista Ultimate x86

I have been stable at 3.85GHz so ill try 12x multiplier today possibly.

EDIT: priming at 3.899GHz (can i call that 3.9 ;)) as we speak! on air too

Update: cant handle the small fft's need a little more juice but my temps are pushing 80 deg so ill settle for 3.57 that I have above. W/C is tempting for my birthday.

Howdy folks, long time no type... been busy doin' stuff, including playing Crysis :-D Eeeexcellent game.

I'm debating the finer points of purchasing Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit to try out Tri SLI as I will have in my possession (again) 3 Ultras at the same time, one of which I'm planning on reselling... I may resell all 3 if I can score this Leadtek Leviathan I'm looking at getting.

How's everyone been around here?

I love how people are saying Tri-SLI doesn't scale well, and their testing at crap-resolutions. I found ONE SITE that did testing at 2560x1600, and nearly every game that was SLI compliant showed a near-3-to-1 increase from single card to Triple-SLI, INCLUDING Crysis (at 1920x1200 in it's case, with AA and Very High settings enabled). We'll see if I decide to blow 189 and get Vista Ultimate 64-Bit from Newegg.

I'm debating the finer points of purchasing Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit to try out Tri SLI as I will have in my possession (again) 3 Ultras at the same time, one of which I'm planning on reselling... I may resell all 3 if I can score this Leadtek Leviathan I'm looking at getting.

Wouldn't it be more economical to buy a DangerDen or EK full-cover waterblock and mount it to your existing Ultra? I know for a fact that a stock speed 8800Ultra + DD waterblock costs less than the watercooled 8800Ultra from BFG (reference clocks); and the price difference is a lot more substantial for the 8800GTX.

Also, IMO no need to buy factory OCed cards as they can be easily flashed to faster speeds ;)

Radodrill, the main point behind buying the Leviathan is I have to do NOTHING but plug it in when it gets here dude. I don't want to go through the hassle of Liquid cooling again, I'm paranoid, I want a self sustained LC setup for a card, I read several reviews that say it does very well, so I'm happy... 'sides, I could care less about the clock speeds, I just want the liquid cooling and the single slot designed :-D

And I like pre-OCed cards, cuz in reality, they normally do clock higher than regular cards, I've proved that as my regular Ultra with a Super can only do 700/1150 and that was unstable, whereas my old Dual Superclocked cards could do 715/1175 stable. I am looking for a more modest clock, at least when I'm running Tri-SLI, and will be doin' 660/1700/1125 most likely, on all three cards, regardless of their clocks (the Leviathan is clocked at like 684/1161 stock)