Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

Nice work mknwatt

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showpost.p...84&postcount=83

:eek: :eek2: YEEEEE :nod:

I love the water chiller build you must be having a lot of fun.

CN.

Thanks CN.

This was my first attempt on chiller. I was a bit nervous about condensation but will definitely have to try it again. I finally made it over the 4.1 hump.

All I can say is goodbye AMD. This new build is a flying machine, handles everything I throw at it and just keeps smiling. Got to 3Ghz just to see, it was way too easy. I'm actually back at stock cause I just don't need to OC ATM. With the AC 7 pro core temps are all mid 30's, chipset is in the low 40's.

3D 01 - 43,705

3D 03 - 29,994

3D 06 - 9,980

PI - 19s

Can't believe I put it off for so long.

Interesting bit of information I thought I should share.

I have just been on Intel's processor finder site & noticed they have changed the CPU core voltage values, they used to be 1.35v ish max & now they are 1.5v.

Have a look for yourself as far as I can see it applies to all C2D & Quads.

CN :)

Interesting bit of information I thought I should share.

I have just been on Intel's processor finder site & noticed they have changed the CPU core voltage values, they used to be 1.35v ish max & now they are 1.5v.

Have a look for yourself as far as I can see it applies to all C2D & Quads.

The poor guy who get a C2D that needs 1.5Vcore to run properly (stock). I'm happy mine are 1.35V or lower, better chance for a higher OC.

The poor guy who get a C2D that needs 1.5Vcore to run properly (stock). I'm happy mine are 1.35V or lower, better chance for a higher OC.

You may well be right that the newer C2D's may need a bit more voltage but the thing that got me was this spec change is retrospective it applies to all C2D CPU's old or new including your one that says 1.35v on the box.

CN.

Guest synergy

Yea...just picked up a E6850 as well and messed around with some simple OCing and got it to 3.6 no sweat. I'm gonna see how much further I can push it tonight. Excellent chip. I've loved AMD for a long time, but you can't beat the C2D's.

Has socket 775 died & nobody told me yet !!! no posts for a month !!!

Ok so I"ll give this thread a little kick....

I decided as I hadn't used either my E6400 or E6600 for months after getting a Q6600 I would sell them on so someone else could love them as I once did. I reluctantly:sad: sold them on so as not to end up with a drawer full of sentimentally priceless bits that I will never use again like my 939 Optys & OCZ Platinums sometimes you just got to let go :sad:

Crying aside I know they have good homes, my 2 little CPU's made real good money which I had put aside to go toward a Q9450 next year the thing is the money has kinda burnt a whole in my pocket & a couple of days ago I found a deal for an E6850 that I could not refuse (so cheep)

I plan on using the E6850 in my DFI P35 when I get an x38 or x48 board & to be honest the 3.0GHz stock speed is plenty fast enough to replace my old DFI 875P-T file server or dare I bring my self to it the NF4 SLI-DR Expert handbrake & kids machine.

I threw the E6850 in my P35 last night set the BIOS up stock voltages & the x6 multiplier, booted into windows then started bumping the FSB up using SetFSB. After a dozen reboots to tweak BIOS settings & voltages she was running 550fsb.

I then set 500 x 8 = 4GHz & started doing some basic benching & stability testing eventually ending up with 1.4625 vcore Orthos stable for 1 hour on small fft :eek: god these things make power easy.

Now to my problem & the reason I am posting here, I cant get anything more than 4GHz with either the 8 or 9 multiplier Orthos stable it just plain re-boots the PC.

I have googled around & this rebooting over 4GHz is nothing new with the E6850. Don't get me wrong as long as I am able to run similar to everyone else or in other words as long as my chip is not a chunk blower I am happy.

The thing is & what I find really interesting is I haven't found anyone running anything significantly better than 4GHz Orthos stable, have you guys got any 4GHz + examples or is 4GHz really the best these will do on air/water.

The return of 775, the intels are so fast.....no one needs the uber oc. JK

CN - my E6850 goes passed 4G but requires a bit more voltage. The higher voltage, increases the temps passed my limit. 4.3G (9x 478FSB) is where the re-boots start for me, no matter what voltage. I've messed with the GTL voltage and found 69% to work best.....anything less and my stable 4G OC fails (linked in sig). I've messed a little with the 8 multi, not enuf to make any judgements.

Your chip looks good running 4G @ 1.46Vcore, Orthos small fft stable. :)