Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

Might want to test this way also.

The 3DM01 25-30 repeat (not loop!) Nature (only) Torture loop with the title screens disabled is one of the primary

stability tests and is where most modded cards will core lock first...typically on ROP clock to high. When run with

the title screens disabled the test reloads from memory and just hammers the core driving temps well up. Another

one is the 3DM03 Mother Nature (only) run in the same way.

There's no way to purchase 3Dmark01 anymore though... I'll do it with 3Dmark03 though, that's a good one... I'm actually testing at stock just cuz I wanna see if the card is indeed hurt or somethin'. We'll see.

Failed after 30 minutes, and when I say failed... guess what it did?

System was on, but no blinking HDD activity light, and screens were black/on standby. Exact thing it was doing before in game... so it's definitely the GPU... it was up to 70C before I laid down but I thought it'd be fine... I guess that means I'll be RMAing the card... I thought as much, EVGA is a really good brand but man when they have duds it sucks donkey toes... glad they have Advanced RMA or I'd be really pissed right now cuz it's the only video card I have.

There's no way to purchase 3Dmark01 anymore though...

Don't have to purchase it. All the options necessary to do what Viper has posted are available in the trial version.

Any decision on whether the new prime95 will be allowed for the OCDB? I have found it to be a little better than Orthos and they have fixed the things that allowed cheats as well.

Thanks Praz. I was passing dual instances of Orthos, but it would fail with the new prime and fall to desktop after an hour of BF2.

The opposite happen too. Can run 24/7 week after week and not make it through a couple of hours of Orthos. It definitely needs some code updating. Maybe after AMD's new chips come out. All these programs will probably need a refresh then.

25.4 seems to be much more stable than 25.3 was... I tested 21 hours stable on my current settings with my ultras... also scored 20774 on 3DMark06 (4.012Ghz processor, 715/1175 on the cards, not 24/7 stable of course, but still worth mentioning).

Also got a new 24/7 stable score of 19332 with the new cards... my sound card died doe :( I'm on onboard sound now, which is actually pretty nice on this board. Not X-Fi nice, but nice.

25.4 seems to be much more stable than 25.3 was...

Charmed 25.5 is out now, I am not sure what they improved but it works fine for me.

CN :)