Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

Mark, my advise, get yourself a mid-level Asus or EVGA or DFI Socket 775 board, that way you have a fully compliant x16 PCI-E slot, then get you a 8 series video card... even an 8600 like FMC said would pummel what you have now 15 times over.

If you got say a Infinity board from DFI and a 8600GTS or something like that, you'd be slap happy as far as gaming goes for the most part, and that wouldn't cost you too awefully much money overall considering the performance boost you'd receive.

Hi all i have ordered this motherboard to replace the one i was sold last month:

Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI NF650i SLi, S 775, PCI-E (x16), DDR2 533/667/800, SATA II, SATA RAID, ATX

Hi all i have ordered this motherboard to replace the one i was sold last month:

Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI NF650i SLi, S 775, PCI-E (x16), DDR2 533/667/800, SATA II, SATA RAID, ATX

I havn't used one myself, but that 650i should be a sweet board. You just need some good GFX to match up with it. You really can't go past the 8800gts at this point in time.

Looks like you may be a pioneer with that board. You will be the first person I have actually seen with one. From the few reviews I can find around the web, it seems to be OK, not an overclocking monster but will get up to 380FSB.

Hi Mark not trying to get rid of a neighbor but you should have a look over on the Abit USA forum maybe you can find some tips there.

http://forum.uabit.com

http://forum.uabit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

CN.

I hadn't purchased an Abit board since my NF7-S, I picked up a vanilla IP35 just to hold me over till I could come up with my current board. I am somewhat impressed with Abit's comeback.. The IP35 is going to be replacing my P5N32-E 680i board in my #2 rig.

I hadn't purchased an Abit board since my NF7-S, I picked up a vanilla IP35 just to hold me over till I could come up with my current board. I am somewhat impressed with Abit's comeback.. The IP35 is going to be replacing my P5N32-E 680i board in my #2 rig.

My IP35 Pro is pounding along beautifully rock solid stable & cool as ice & when you consider its one of the cheapest boards going you cant help but be impressed.

Abit are definitely back in the game with there P35 boards.

My IP35 Pro that I purchased to replace my work DFI 975X/G has found its way to replace my home 24/7 Asus P5K which replaced my DFI 680i which replaced my Asus striker extreme & I can honestly say it has seen them all off with absolutely no fuss or trouble it just plain works.

CN

Eeeesh... Highest Core Temp just peaked at 67C. Scary LOL Least for me it is... 2 hours in and no errors ::starts a second movie:: What a way to spend my day off LOL

Hey Charmed how you getting on have you nailed it yet?

CN

Nope, it failed again, I'm gonna try again tonight though for 3.8GHz, It's gotta be a voltage or RAM setting I'm missing something on, I'll figure it out eventually.

Meanwhile I just scored 2 Ultras (Superclocked EVGA versions) On EBay so :-D My GTXs are going bye bye... hopefully I'll be cracking 20K on 06 soonish :-D And eating FEAR alive at 160+ FPS at 1920x1200 lol

Nope, it failed again, I'm gonna try again tonight though for 3.8GHz, It's gotta be a voltage or RAM setting I'm missing something on, I'll figure it out eventually.

I have been trying all sorts of new & exciting stuff on my DFI P35 & have battled through failures, crashes & re-boots as you do but one thing I have used more than most this time round is the Prime logs (results)

first off I found my Q6600 would just randomly reboot the rig if its not got enough vcore, then my rig would run for hours then reboot due to RAM voltage before finally I started getting Prime failures. At least when Prime fails you can see whats going on rather than looking through logs trying to work out how long it run & what fft is was doing when it crashed.

I found Prime 25.3 would nearly always crash or fail @ 256k over 3.7GHz & no mater what I did timings & voltage wise I couldn't cure it. I had a look on google to see if anyone else had been having problems with Prime @ 256k & found apparently some people have had problems with 25.3 causing crashes & lockups & there was a new version 25.4 out so I thought I would try it. I now no longer have any problems @ 256k & Prime runs 10hours +.

ftp://mersenne.org/gimps/p95v254.zip

I don't know if I had messed my copy of prime up somehow or what all I know is 25.3 crashed locked up & failed where as 25.4 works fine why don't you give it a go maybe you have a similar problem.

Meanwhile I just scored 2 Ultras (Superclocked EVGA versions) On EBay so :-D My GTXs are going bye bye... hopefully I'll be cracking 20K on 06 soonish :-D And eating FEAR alive at 160+ FPS at 1920x1200 lol

Awesome, I bet those puppy's suck some power on full chat good job you got a decent PSU.

CN :)