Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

Yes, I do know.

That's neither here nor there at the moment, it's passed at those settings three times before so it would've passed again.

Back on topic, one of my video cards is dead for sure, gonna have EVGA RMA it for me though cuz I purchased Advanced RMA on it back when I first bought it (it's my older one, not the newer one) the newer one works fine (using it right now).

Liquid cooling has tested all night with no leaks, I recut the tube where it was leak, which I think was the culprit. We'll see... when I do reinstall it again I'm using my 6600GT until I know it's leak-proof...

And I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with this board now, it's acting up. May just get me a whole 'nother board, or let EVGA RMA it for me again... esh, so tired of this crap of RMAing stuff because they don't make products that work all the time.

so tired of this crap of RMAing stuff because they don't make products that work all the time.
Covering them in a liquid doesn't help much. Not sure whether you are aware that your supposedly non-conductive fluid is actually conductive..

lol. If this stuff was really non-conductive why would Fluorinert be the industry standard at approximately $350.00 a quart.

MCT-40 is non-conductive, I've seen the testing they did on it ;)

Anyway... I accidentally ordered the board you have Praz... called, emailed and contact-us formed them to let them know I want it cancelled... I just ordered another EVGA board, cuz I need SLI, and there's no way in hades EVGA is going to let me RMA this board any time soon, because the one I sent them doesn't have an Invoice in with it, which means they're going to send it back to me, then I have to send it back to them again, THEN I can RMA the new board... and most likely they're going to say "you got it went, that's not covered" and make me pay for a new one anyway, so I'm not going to bother... plus with all this bent up frustration, i think I'll take pleasure in breaking the current board in half once I have the new one installed.

Bright side? I slapped my DFI NF4 board system back together with the only processor I had laying around for it, an AMD 3200+ single core LOL I have it Priming right now just to make sure it's stable post-initial windows install... Max Load Temp so far: 26C LMAO

That's with the Thermaltake BigWaterSE cooling it at Stock. I ain't overclockin' this one as it's my "back up system" just incase, after I get my Intel system fixed AGAIN, it breaks again.

my liquid cooling system, on a brighter note, has been running for neigh on 48 hours now, and still has absolutely no leaks. That's good at least...

And to clarify my original comment...

The board wasn't working right before I got it wet LOL

It wouldn't run the RAM right either, which leads me to believe that ram just isn't going to run at full speed in this board, which I'm now fine with...

All I want at this point, is to get back to 3.666GHz with the expensive RAM I have at 889MHz, and I'll be happy slappy. I also, for the heck of it, ordered 5 new 120MM fans (3 for the radiator, 2 for the case) so the case/cooling will have all new fans on it. The fans that're on my radiator right now will go back on the NF4 DFI system, which will in turn be turned over to my sister after I put her processor and such in it, that'll be her computer, then I'll re-set up the AMD 3200+ with the Asus board she has now, and probably 1GB of RAM at most... then it will TRULY be a backup system...

I'm thinking, once all this BS dust settles, I'm going to put out around 500 bucks and buy a cheap Core2Duo, Socket 775 non-SLI mobo, and such and just set up a real backup system, that runs decent, isn't too impressive, and of course, isn't overclocked, but that will run til river's end at stock, no problems... On that note, Anyone got any motherboard suggestions for a cheapish Core2Duo compatible board?

I know, that's awesome, BUT I can't go without SLI right now, cuz I have two video cards... now once I get a 9800GTX, that'll be a different story as I'll only have one card from then on most likely. But right now, I'd rather just get the same board again since I know it works when I don't leak all over it LOL, well enough.

:)I have just bought an Intel Core2 Duo E6400, 2.13 Ghz 2Mb 1066Mhz 775 CPU and have no idea how to tweak it. I have an ASRock 4 core dual VSTA motherboard, 2 Gig of 677 DDR2 and a 512 MB PCIe graphics card. thought that would allow better gaming experience, it is no better than before. Can somebody please tell me where im going wrong and how to get the full potential from my machine.:)

Hi Mark,

You could start by having a bit of a read of the rules section, & making a detailed list of your components, & also what you are comparing it to, performance-wise.

Any C2D system should 'rock' pretty hard, but if your "512 MB PCIe graphics card" is one of the entry level cards, then that's going to cripple your gaming experience.

Yep, you gotta have power to back a Core2 dude. You can't pair a Core2 with an 8600GTS and expect it to rock the socks off Oblivion. LOL

Heck, I'm running 2 8800GTXs in SLI (at stock) with a Quad at 3.666 and I'm running everything like fluid, but that's a lot more cash than a base level Core2Duo and a 512MB card ::shrug::

Post your BIOS settings and put your specs in your signature, and we'll help ya out :-D

Mark, your GFX card is definately going to hold back the rest of your system, & you'd see a big improvement if you changed that alone.

That being said, your motherboard isn't the best base to build on, as it uses the VIA chipset, & more importantly, the PCI-E slot only runs at 4x speed, which would render a high-end GFX card lacking in it's ability to transfer/receive data from the system.

I don't know the best path to take in your case - you may be able to find a happy medium by changing over to, say, an 8600 nvidia, or equivalent ATI card, but personally, i'd be looking for a different motherboard as well.