Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

I dunno, my Corsair is just dandy at 2.25v.

You have faster RAM than I do, and their Gold series might be better than my XMS2, so you might be able to push it a little bit more. Try setting the latencies to auto instead of 5-6-6-15 and see what that does.

Well, I have had about three lockups since I last posted (all in trying to run Orthos) and had to go back to 2.2V on the DRAM and back to the 533 divider. I am still at 366 FSB x 9 but anything over 366 and it just locks up. Kind of frustrating ... it seems like I am going backwards instead of forward ... :confused:

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, another lockup during Orthos ... I forgot that I had the PCIE clock at 115Mhz, so I bumped that back up to 120Mhz. I also had my CPU V @ 1.575V so that went back to 1.625V. I have the DRAM voltage back down to 2.2V. Sooooooo, I am trying it again to just to get it back to being stable. :rolleyes:

Well, another lockup during Orthos ... I forgot that I had the PCIE clock at 115Mhz, so I bumped that back up to 120Mhz. I also had my CPU V @ 1.575V so that went back to 1.625V. I have the DRAM voltage back down to 2.2V. Sooooooo, I am trying it again to just to get it back to being stable. :rolleyes:

Hope yer writin' all this down :P

Hope yer rightin' all this down :P

Ever have one of those days when you write everything down and then you are just in a hurry to get her back up and running? I write the stuff down, sometimes crossing out what the last varible was and then rewriting it ... man, I get myself confused at times ... haha ... I actually keep real good records ... nice little graph and such. I am not sure what seems to keep me from getting anything over 365 to run Orthos without a lockup. I went back to 360 FSB x 9, 667 divider, 120MHz PCIE clock setting, CPU 1.625v and 1.75V on the NB, DRAM is 2.20V and CPU VTT is 1.35 and all of the timings for the RAM are set to Auto ... just have to keep playing with it I suppose ... :rolleyes:

It very well might depend on the processor, but sometimes upping the PCI-E clock that much can be detrimental to your clocking. If you haven't tried from 101-105 you might find you have better luck.

Maybe. :)

I've only been messing with mine when my 3D benchies start acting weird...like taking awhile to "release" back to the desktop...iffin' ya know what I mean. I click on the close button of the 3D app and it kinda blinks out and does a refresh...I don't know how to describe it...:P

Anyway I only really saw that kind of behavior when I was well over 400...

I've only been messing with mine when my 3D benchies start acting weird...like taking awhile to "release" back to the desktop...iffin' ya know what I mean. I click on the close button of the 3D app and it kinda blinks out and does a refresh...I don't know how to describe it...:P

Anyway I only really saw that kind of behavior when I was well over 400...

Yeah, I've tried mine everywhere from 101-130 with pretty much the same results regardless of FSB. However, some people can't go much over 110 without issues, so I'm not sure what it's a combination of.

Yeah, I've tried mine everywhere from 101-130 with pretty much the same results regardless of FSB. However, some people can't go much over 110 without issues, so I'm not sure what it's a combination of.

I have to run it at 110mhz on the P5B or the PCI-e lane drops to 1X...took a bit to figure that one out...

I guess I went to that 120MHz setting only because it was one of the settings that Happy had used in one of his OCDB entries ... I guess I could go back down to 100MHz and start over ...BTW since I changed back to 360FSB, she's doing fine on another Orthos run ... about 2 hours and 15 mins now. One other question, is Orthos supposed to be on a blend of cpu and RAM? And if so, is there any custom settings you guys are using?