Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

Welp, failed AGAIN, this time it just failed though, at 1:32hrs in. I don't know what else to do so I'm just gonna set the RAM to around 888MHz with tight-ish timings and 2.1Vs and see if it can pass at 3.666GHz... at this point I'm wishing I hadn't ordered this RAM already.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you have 8 gigs of ram laying around and can't get any of it stable? Does sound like a mobo problem but i'd try testing it with everything at stock first. Sometimes getting cpu OC's and ram OC's to play nicely with each other can be a PITA.

Tried stock, wouldn't pass. And I've gotten the OCZ and Mushkin stable, for at least 11 hours a piece, at 3.666GHz, so I know the board CAN be stable, the question is can I get it stable enough with this ram to pass 8+ hours of Prime.

How cool does the chipset run?

Umm... you mean the "system" temp, or the MCP? Both never see 40C normally. I think the MCP gets a LITTLE over 40C during testing, but I have no way of being sure because the only place that temp reads out is in BIOS.

Might be the system temp...who knows though.

At least in the case of the 965/975 chipset the temps there came into play bigtime with ram, both frequency and timings. Keep in mind the memory controller is no longer on the CPU and isn't cooled along with it.

Ugh.

And failed AGAIN. Testing near it's other SPD readout, 4-4-4-12-2T @ 2.1Vs, 888MHz. If it can't pass at this I may just throw in the towel and RMA all three sets of RAM or something, and get the ones that have been recommended to me several times but I didn't want to get cuz I thought they looked cheap...

If this actually works... meh. Would prefer it run at it's damn rated speed.

If this fails, I'll probably try 900 or something at 5-5-5-18, 2.1 or so, and then I'll call it a night if that fails before I go to bed. Unfortunately the bad part about having super rare ram... I have no one to compare notes with, at all.

amen, just picked up a p5k premium and orthos at 3.8ghz 475x8 at 1.4v is stable so far on the g0 q6600

Holly s**t thats more than impressive thats insane.

How are you cooling the NB/PWM ?

What sort of temperature does the board run around the cpu mosfets & capacitors ?