Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

I'm still trying to get my setup to the point where I can start to push the OC. I had to RMA my Silverstone a couple of weeks ago, my 8800GTS arrived dead and now I'm getting random cold boot problems on any board with my OCZ 600 watt.

Running with a mild OC on a borrowed 520w PowerStream for now. Sometimes I just feel like smashing all this stuff with a hammer, especially since I have an ECS board powered by an Okia PSU that has been running for over 2 years without a problem.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing like everything taking a dump at once. Grabbing a hammer is how I feel sometimes. Nothing is more aggravating then when the stuff breaks on it's own. It's understandable when I burn the crap up. lol

I don't mind killing stuff if I know that I am running it right at that edge.

I'm just not getting the enjoyment out of my rigs that I used to. Right about the time I get every thing setup just the way I like it, get my last bit of software installed and actually start to use my rig, something needs attention. (Like cheap Hitachi drives that start clicking) It gets real old in short time. I've been selling off all kinds of stuff in anticipation for quad core price drops. Then it will be time to spend a little extra money on server grade components with no OC options and just get back to using my rig again.

Same here. My main 24/7 rig is still the 165 Opy I've been using forever. I've been benching two or three Intel systems at a time. When I tire of them they get boxed up and put on the shelf and I move on to other ones. I haven't had one yet that I felt was worth the hassle of becoming my main system.

I think that's what is going to happen here for awhile too. The most reliable piece of hardware I own seems to be my expert, unfortunately I sold off my dual core 939's and all of my 2 gig memory sets.

Nothing like everything taking a dump at once. Grabbing a hammer is how I feel sometimes. Nothing is more aggravating then when the stuff breaks on it's own. It's understandable when I burn the crap up. lol

Oh man do I know what you're talking about. My random no boot situations with my main rig led me to putting it into the closet for three weeks.

Guest LookBackX2

Sorry to hear of all the Woes guys... my heart goes out to you.

I just posted my first OCDB entry, so hey, I know. For a little nostalgia, go check it out. Let me know if ya'll know any tricks to get that little last stretch out of it w/out getting too much hotter.

Wc I know. Saving for that.

Edit: Wrong Thread! oops! Mods feel free to delete this post.

I just updated to the 2/27 BIOS and I don't see an option to disable the speedstep on this BIOS version. When I run CPU-Z it dips down to a 6x multiplier at times when I've set it to a 9x multiplier in the BIOS. What am I missing here?

Thanks

I just updated to the 2/27 BIOS and I don't see an option to disable the speedstep on this BIOS version. When I run CPU-Z it dips down to a 6x multiplier at times when I've set it to a 9x multiplier in the BIOS. What am I missing here?

Thanks

C1E is in (Advanced BIOS Features)

• 2 weeks later...