Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

Whats funny is that I would have thought my temps would be lower even with 1.32v at full load (2 orthos, 1 prime 95, and occt test) @ 3.4ghz my Core temps hover around 49C to 50C which to me should be lower since the NB is at 45C. I will try more volts and see what it does.

Sounds like you r on the right track - those temps look pretty good to me - NB runs pretty hot on these boards.

You'll want to update the BIOS if u r on an earlier version.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey green-man, lol on the OCDB entry. All your puter links are to something different then what you have listed.

One last thing, your 1st picture is suppose to have Orthos, 2x CPUz, and 3DMark2001SE.

I've updated my OCDB entry to reflect a better OC - FSB 515 linked/synced with memory 1:1 :).

Chumps had a better BIOS code, so I've changed the layout a little bit.

Let me know if you see any problems with the entry.

I've updated my OCDB entry to reflect a better OC - FSB 515 linked/synced with memory 1:1 :).

3.6GHz with low voltage thats one sweek little chip you got there.

BTW: I gave up on my ASUS constantly rebooting & got a DFI 680 instead.

3.6GHz with low voltage thats one sweek little chip you got there.

BTW: I gave up on my ASUS constantly rebooting & got a DFI 680 instead.

This chip is very impressive. It's also the only C2D I tried to OC. Temps are now in the low 50's loaded and idles low 30's.

I seen you sold the ASUS Striker :sad: Hows the DFI 680 LT?

I seen you sold the ASUS Striker :sad: Hows the DFI 680 LT?

Yup she's gone some times you just get a funny one & that was mine.

The DFI 680 is excellent even the silly looking heatpipe NB cooler works well.

I have run Orthos 10 hours + at 450 x 8 with my E6400 & I can boot 490fsb with ease which is more than I will ever need the memory performance & smoothness of the BIOS is outstanding so I am happy as a pig in s**t.

Also so far I have not found one thing I don't like about the DFI it just worked straight out of the box.

I will bung an OCDB entry up when I get my 8800gts & OCZ's back from DFI (don't ask) I do have an OCDB capable entry with the 680 its just I ran it CL5 2T with a 6600GT & I am too embarrassed to put it up LOL.