Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

That was a rather brief showing... looks like it's been removed from the d/load page allready.

@ Chump; 475? wow...

-edit- 490?? what voltage increase let you get to those lofty hieghts?

Everything it had biggrin.gif

1.5v VTT :eek2:

1.9V NB :eek2:

1.9V DRAM

1.325v + .225mv CPU

Shame my E6300 locks up at 472FSB / 3300mhz

I should have a OCDB entry @ 3200-3250 when I run Orthos for another 8 hours. I stopped it at 10h 45mins @ 460FBS/3225MHZ & closed it without taking a screen shot.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@fmc_boss : Have you seen any better O/C with this new bios ?

Well, i'm currently on 450*8, whereas i could not even boot @ 440 with the 9/15 BETA.

That's with the same voltages, so it looks like there is some benifit here. I'll have to play a little more to find the limits - hopefully they are closer to what Chump is getting now :)

Nah - anything close to 460 is not stable - 450 seems about the limit for my setup.

Chump - i think that having 2*512 modules might be what's letting you get more FSB frequency. Whack your 6600 back in & lets see some OCDB action ;)

I have given up caring about the temps instead I just hang my laundry up in the study hit start on Orthos & go to bed.

The way I figure it is if the chip melts at least it would have helped dried all the pairs of undies I skidded up whilst watching the temps trying to hit 3.8 rofl.gif

I will get my E6300 post back in the OCDB when Praz & Angry stop deleting my entry’s without noticing they are two different CPU's BangHead.gif

I have given up caring about the temps instead I just hang my laundry up in the study hit start on Orthos & go to bed.

The way I figure it is if the chip melts at least it would have helped dried all the pairs of undies I skidded up whilst watching the temps trying to hit 3.8 rofl.gif

I will get my E6300 post back in the OCDB when Praz & Angry stop deleting my entry’s without noticing they are two different CPU's BangHead.gif

You have NO IDEA how much I identify with this post.

And here is the First OCDB Entry based on the ASUS P5N-E SLI (well i think its the first, not checked)

Not bad for my first attempt. Im pretty certain i can get 3.6Ghz out of this setup, since the temps at 3.4Ghz with just 1.425V are a paultry 42Degs in ORTHOS, leaving plenty of room for further increases in Voltage.

I also need to add some memory OCing into the mix but for now i concentrate on finding the CPU limit.

Chump - i think that having 2*512 modules might be what's letting you get more FSB frequency ;)

I just slapped in 2GB 2 X 1GB modules of Buffalo Firestix & can still boot 485fsb.

I am currently on today’s new beta BIOS which doesn’t have the crazy voltages that I need for the last 5fsb up to 490 although now when you set the RAM at 2.1v in BIOS & it shows 2.1v in Smartguardian where as before 2.5v showed as 2.31v etc.

I can’t tell any difference with the E6300 or E6600 using the Firestix or the latest BIOS other than the VTT & NB voltages are back at 1.35 & 1.75 respectively.