Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all right listen up a bit

I've had to cull some posts in the LGA775 DB because a lot of you are simply doing something like 334x9 and making an entry, then coming right back and putting in say 350x9, then 400x9...without changing a single piece of hardware.

This is not allowed.

You only make a new entry if you:

1. change motherboards

2. change RAM module(s)

3. change cpu

if you change vid cards, FSB or CPU settings, etc, then you simply update your existing entry.

I've got to check through the thread once again to make sure I removed all of them (even my own as I think I have a double entry like that, but most of mine are different cpu's or different memory modules)

fyi - new BETA BIOS is out for the Infinity 975xg;

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bios..._FLAG=B&SITE=NA

"Major Reasons of Change:

1. Fixed some Graphic card can't boot issue.

2. Fixed FSB 800mhz enhance mode item disappear.(Enhance Intel Conroe E4300 CPU O.C. Performance)"

I just found the cant boot problem 2 days ago with my old 6800GT I wonder if this will fix it & give me some more FSB.

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showpost.p...7&postcount=168

EDIT

I just flashed to it & I like it already.

The differences I can see from the 12/01 BIOS is the Genie BIOS page has more voltage control like DRAM, VTT & NB etc & you set the memory divider/strap here now. It also displays the current CPU & RAM speed in MHZ.

I cant boot any higher than 475FBS with the E6300 that I am messing around with at the moment I think it may be topped out.

I hope my E6600 will go a bit higher when I put it back in fingers crossed.

I'm having trouble finding the Beta Bios you mentioned. The link takes me to the Bios section showing the 2006/11/15 - 97TIDC15.exe Bios. A search for the BIOS 97TID213 you have on your Sig. comes up "Sorry,data is under construction!"

Where is the new Beta Bios?

Thanks,

Baja Bum.

P.S.: Still stuck at 2.616 Mhz (327x8). No new parts yet.

I'm having trouble finding the Beta Bios you mentioned. The link takes me to the Bios section showing the 2006/11/15 - 97TIDC15.exe Bios. A search for the BIOS 97TID213 you have on your Sig. comes up "Sorry,data is under construction!"

Thanks,

Baja Bum.

wtf.gif Its gone I think either a s**t load of boards have gone bang today or more likely they have had to restore there server to an earlier time & haven’t fixed it yet.

There is a far grater range of voltage with this BIOS & already I can with the extra voltage boot @ 490FBS biggrin.gif

PM me your email address & I will send it to you.

Thanks,

Baja Bum.

That was a rather brief showing... looks like it's been removed from the d/load page allready.

@ Chump; 475? wow...

-edit- 490?? what voltage increase let you get to those lofty hieghts?