Socket LGA775 Discussion Thread

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got around to my 6400...just started a round of orthos small fft's at 420mhz. My previous max orthos stable was 416. Gonna let it run for 15~20 minutes then just start upping till she is no longer bootable. I have no idea what the max is on this processor though 3.20 at stock voltage (a free 1.07ghz) is pretty good ;) Once I max her, either via FSB or CPU I'll start in with getting my memory stable above DDR1000...

One thing I noticed with this latest beta bios is that even if you have C1E enabled it does not drop the multi or voltage so you may as well disable the cpu features in the bios...with 9/13 these features worked well all the way up to 400mhz and beyond. Just an FYI................

EDIT: Already pushin' 56c with only 1.412v...

No joke, I keep hearing of from the guys over at OCnet that they are running 1.4vcore and 3.7 at 60C load... under air.

I just laugh and move on.

Anyways, I just moved over an hour and a half on 2.35vdimm and 4-4-4-14.

(4-4-4-14-7.8-16T- 35-7-11-10-7-4-5-4 clocks via MEMSET)

keep going guys, this board likes high ram speed and stability (cas 4 too). In fact at times the 667 divider fsb oc ability is not far behind 1:1 at all..

you guys are pushing me now too..

regards

raja

Keep pushin Thrax...must admit I was wondering why you were posting up OCDB's at less than what your memory was rated at. Good to see you put em' where they belong ;)

Don't know that I have any particular goal other than besting my previous max with this puppy :D Having a go at 425 right now with some 3D benchies. I've always been able to 3D bench and SuperPI at lower voltages which is why I suppose some folks tend to be happy and call it stable. Orthos is a whole nother ball game which can be a bit frustrating...kinda hate to have to throw so much more voltage at it ya know?

Isolating the CPU, OG, isolating the CPU.

I know I know...I just went straight for the throat when I got my rig :D Everything came pretty easy with my combo. I think I just got lucky in that regard. 2 people that saw my numbers and asked my advice on the memory came nowhere close on the memory. Both ended up with bad sticks with no replacements available. Newegg has already dropped the latest batch I just bought from...

EDIT: Simply amazed with what DFI did with this beta!!! She just keeps booting!!! At the desktop right now at 445...

EDIT #2: She locked at 455 in windows at 1.437v. Only way to get back after shutting down was to clear cmos...still impressed though.

Just started an Orthos run at 438mhz. Tried running 3-3-3-12 and she passed all benchmarks and failed at OCCT. Bumped it to 4-4-4-12 and passed OCCT so I'm not gonna sweat trying for big (or little) numbers on the memory right now. 876 on the memory is good enough for the moment...

Just crashed in Orthos...time to bump V ;) Which is exactly why I don't like OCCT when it comes to posting OCDB on the Street...always gives a false positive...

Hope you didn't take offense to memory Q Thrax...just curious why you weren't running DDR1000 at 400mhz with 667...

Current run...

Just look at those temps!!! :D 3.70 on air...yeah right buddy!!!!!!!! Fire up Orthos and come back and pay us visit ;)