Sign in to follow this  
catkicker

New project

One of the 7800's was bought new awhile back. The 2nd one with copper HS. I bought 2nd hand and the heatsinks came with the maze 4 block I bought 2nd hand. Hell I buy just about 80% of my equipment 2nd hand.:)

the MCP350 pump that I haveThis is

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcp350.asp

I modded the pump which realy increased the flow rate without increasing noise

this pump is silent when running

wcingnew7nv.jpg

This mod was done before Alphacool came up with a great aftermarket top for this pump.

Here my pump with the alpha cool top

alphatopledlightxf7.jpg

Now as you can see it's lights up. But you have to do the led mod yourself.

Which to say the least was a Big pain in my butt.

ledfinishedpz0.jpg

This next pic is of the pump and my modded CPU water block. My Dad in law milled a shallow channel in the surface of the block where I placed a thermal sensor and the sealed it up with artic silver alumina epoxy. This will give me more accurate temps on my CPU temp. I still have some finish work to do on the block before it's ready to go. I basically was checking the accuracy of the sensor today. It's within 1 degree of my calibrated fluke digital thermometer

alphatopcpusensorqw2.jpg

Well with my work schedule it's been slow going. I'm pretty much done with all the prep work, ah, ah, I think. I'm about ready to start mounting rads. and pumps and doing a bunch of fan work. I really think cable managment is going to be a big pain. I've never given cable managment my absolute attention before.

Sleeving is a biatch, eh?

For cable mangement just take it one cable at a time. Hide all the cables you possibly can and make the ones you can see look acceptable. Good luck!

Well with the 3 day weekend, it's time to start cutting and drilling. Figured one pic of it fresh out of the box before any modding or cutting.

lianlicaseminevz7.jpg

Radiators, shrouds and most of the fans installed today.

3x120radinstall1ui0.jpg

3x120rad3pz0.jpg

bothradsinstalleddh9.jpg

Rear pannel cutting. Not sure what the finished look will be. It's the rear of the case so It's not really going to be seen by anyone. I may have a custom grille cut for it or just use modders mesh that looks like the front of the Lian-Li case. For now this will work

rearpannelmodrk8.jpg

rearpannelmod1dx2.jpg

rearpannelmod2av4.jpg

tomarrow Have to work on filports and pumps. And get the front bays setup.

Who knows I may get around to running some tubing tomarrow.

Some more work today.

This holds 3 HD's and takes up two bay. switched out the lian-Li 80mm fan for a silenXitrma blue led.

hddkitst8.jpg

These have sound dampening rubber mounts for the fans and HD's

hddkit1vd5.jpg

shot of front bays the blank spot will have cpu temp monitoring

frontbayslm1.jpg

This has to lcd displays for water temps on the 2 loops

lcdtempdisplayph5.jpg

about ready to run some tubing.

readytoplumgo5.jpg

well back to work.

Looks good cat..just got done checkin the whole thread's pictures and such. I have one question for ya :

If I remember reading right, you're going to use the 2x120mm Rad for the GPU's, and the triple Rad for the CPU..

I'm just curious why you wouldn't have, say, the GPU's on the triple, since there's double the amount of heat..compared to the CPU...But, that's just a thought I had, so I figured I'd ask.