New project

Well I've been modding and building my own computers now for a couple of years and have decided to go for it again. My 2 cases I have now have been going through constant mods and other changes and just don't fit my needs any longer so they have been stripped of everything and will sit till I have time to put them back togather as backup or maybe folding rigs.

So the new project begins

Alot of the componets are from my other rigs and parts on the shelf.

NF4SLIDR board_165 Opteron CCBBE 0610DPMW_2 gig kit of OCZ PC4000GXTC-K

mbnew7ai.jpg

Adding a 2nd 7800GT for SLI

slinew9fp.jpg

Watercooling Going with BIP 2x120mm fans for Video card WC'ing loop and Coolrad 32T

3x120mm fans for CPU WC'ing loop

water pumps MCP 655 for CPU loop and MCP 350 Modded for VC WC'ing loop

wcingnew7nv.jpg

5 120mm SilenX xtrema blue led fans for radiators

fansnew3uu.jpg

With the amount of pumps, fans, and other power hungry componets I Looked at getting one of the big PSU but decided to stick to my OCZ powerstream 520Watt. for main componets and a 100 watt Aux PSU on a relay for all of the fans, pumps, LCD displays, fan controller.

powernew8rs.jpg

Now for whats going to hold all of this. photos courtesy of the egg. Case is on the list to order searching for a good deal.

Lian-Li l server case V2000APLUSII

case1sc.jpg

case24dm.jpg

I'm also going to try out the sunbeam Theta TP-101 Fan Controller

http://www.frozencpu.com/bus-72.html

I will be removing the HD bays and mounting the 3x120mm Rad. in the bottom of case and mounting the 2x120mm rad in the top of the case

for my HD's I'm going to use one of these

hdcage6pq.jpg

It uses 2 of the 7 5.25 bays it holds 3 HD's and has a 80mm fan for cooling

waiting on a rather large order from frozen CPU which has all of my watercooling odds & ends and other items for the new project. 2nd 7800GT soon to be shipped and now I'm saving my $$ up for the Lian-Li case. Been watching Ebay for one got sniped twice and missed some great prices on this case. I may just bite the bullet and order from online store.

This is what I have in mind for future cooling pictures, courtesy of jinu117

phase7pf.jpg

lianphase5hg.jpg

Once I have the case in hand I will post the modding pics

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice! when it all gets up and running, let us know how the sunbeam Theta TP-101 Fan Controller works. i have been eyeing that for a while but just dont know if i want to trust all my fans to a windows program. i assume if the windows program hangs all the fans turn full on??? i also found this in a review online... "Each temperature probe controls the fan that is connected to the matching channel. This made controlling any fans that were connected very easy. Changes that are made in the software take affect immediately and stay in place until the computer is restarted. All settings are saved in the RAM on the card. Once the PC is restarted the card loses these settings, at this time the fans will spin at full speed until the software is restarted."

UMM YES it would be pretty F'n Selfish not to see this beauty. I want that case so bad, like literally think about it everytime I look at my case and wish it was better. I'm Jealous :( I really want to see the pic of the 2radiators inside the case and how you situate that LianLi Hardrive Cage. Besides that nothing would be better than having anything lower than 3GHz and SLi which I see so congrats man on a sweet build.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. I need some input on best way to move air through this case.

case24dm.jpg

Now i'm removing the HD bays at botom and installing a 3 x 120mm Radiator on the floor and air will come from outside the bottom of case 3 x120mm fans at 64CFM will be push cool air into case through rad. So I need to vent the warm air out of the lower compartment. it has the 12cm fan in the lower front of case and at rear of case 2 x 80 mm fan mounting.

So would the 2 80mm fans and reversing the 12 cm. fan to make it exhaust be enough for air flow. The PSU has it's own intake and exhaust so it's out of the equation for moving any of the air out of the lower part of case. I thought about maybe a fabricated duct fitted to the radiator to direct warm air out of the rear side pannel of the case that way the warm would be pushed out of the case by the 120mm fans.

Now in the top of the case will be a 2 x 120mm Radiator for SLI GPU's tho top compartment has 12cm exhaust and change the side 12cm intake to exhaust.

Suggestions please

• 2 weeks later...

With working 7 days a week 12 hour shifts my project is off to a slow crawl.:rolleyes:

I ordered some items from our favorite DFI online supplier SVC.

svcordereh1.jpg

I did my shopping of the numerous sites and SVC could not be beat. I'm considering placeing the order for the Lian-Li case tonite

Well I have some hard work ahead of me in preperations for the project.

The first two chores are re painting my radiators & lapping my water blocks.

Radiators are going to be silver to match case

Radiators

radpaint2ug5.jpg

Paint

radpaint1zu6.jpg

Lapping project

Picked up a pretty good lapping kit sand paper Grits. 400,600,800,1000,1200,1500,2000 and it comes with polishing compound. I supply the water and sore hands & fingers.

lapping1so4.jpg

As you can see these blocks are screaming out for a good lapping:eek:

lapping2wk2.jpg

On a side note I'm going to lapp my chipset cooler. I've done some modifications to it and I think it may clear the SLI configuration, but I will not know till it comes time to install WC'ing system. My backup is this works great on DFI chipsets

http://svcompucycle.stores.yahoo.net/vc-re.html

Will post some progress pics of my preperation projects.