BIG problem with new nVidia 91.31 video driver

My god..I just installed the latest Forceware driver from nVidia, version 91.31 on my Windows XP 64-bit system. Needless to say, just before getting to the "welcome" screen....BOOOOOOM. serious BSOD and a hard crash of my system. Instant reboot. Going back to the previous driver fixes the problem so my immediate needs are ok.

Anybody else having this problem with this new driver?

If the driver's not broke, don't fix it...

From what I've experienced regarding 'updates'. I feel it's a half-truth that you'll get a performance 'boost' when you always always update driver software. I think there's about a 30% or so chance that your update will have bugs that will kill your hardware performance wise on occasion so just take the easy way out:

Don't update what's not needing updating... :rolleyes:

First time I tried the 91.31 XP64 drivers and opened the new control panel it maxed a 3 gig pagefile and locked up my system. I reformatted recently and accidently installed them again and all is well for some reason.

Not having any problems myself, although I'm on XP Pro 32bit. There is actually a new official beta driver on nvidia nzone 91.33. You might have better luck with that.