Sign in to follow this  
scyphe

Shopping for Video: X1900XT or 7900GT?

I'm just about to buy a new card and I've browsed around for various tests but they're inconclusive (esp. since they all seem to be focused on SLI/Crossfire).

I'm currently trying to figure which would be the best purchase.

A Powercolor X1900XT 512MB ViVo

A Gainward 7900GT 512MB (Golden Sample)

I've been using nVidias since GF4's but it seems that the X1900XT beats the 7900GT hands down. It's also cheaper than the Gainward 7900GT 512MB.

Any tips and recommendations accepted.

EDIT: I placed the order on the X1900XT.

I'm just about to buy a new card and I've browsed around for various tests but they're inconclusive (esp. since they all seem to be focused on SLI/Crossfire).

I've been using nVidias since GF4's but it seems that the X1900XT beats the 7900GT hands down. It's also cheaper than the Gainward 7900GT 512MB.

lol this post is totally pointless there is no point to it lol

but yeah i woulda chosen the x1900xt

Yeah, I know.. I made the post, planning on waiting for some results. But after browsing around checking more reviews and tests I decided to jump and place the order, and I went back to edit it... Sorry.. ;)

Well I'd say you made a good move.

I also ordered one, and a week later (it hasn't even arrived yet) I found it for almost $30 cheaper at another website. Tough luck I guess.. I'm not really too bothered, just can't wait for it to get here!!!

gl ocing these things, its a classy lady to do it for me.. nvidia seems to oc higher i dunno y :(

looky my sig

never been happier (never had a card clock from 625/650 to 745/846 before either)

yea

I've stuck with 7900GT, but just ordered x1900xt for my brother. never had radeon before but for now that's the only choice.

One thing that was important was to get 512MB RAM instead of 256MB. The games I've played with high res textures require 512MB of RAM on the card unless I want to pinch down on quality on the textures.

Also, at the moment I think the X1900XT/XTX will be more futureproof than the 7900-series due to the serious amount of pixel shaders (48), and games will just use shaders more and more.