Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

DFI Infinity 975X/G

I was only stating the facts of the present Ace. The fact that there are other products due in the coming months does give rise to concern though, as the concetrated efforts will be elsewhere, this has been proven a few times.

regards

Raja

Does anyone know if the 975x chipset support ECC Registered memory? I heard it only support ECC but not registered memory. Is that true?

Anybody know if the Evercool VC-RE will fit on the southbridge? It looks really close, but I don't have a spare right now to try out. A capacitor looks like it might interfere with one side.

Yeah...I know it probably doesn't need it, but I figure since I'm watercooling the northbridge I might as well go aftermarket all around. Plus that ceramic thing looks iffy to me.

Sidenote, the DFI Expert chipset cooler from Danger Den looks like it'd fit fine on the southbridge, for those really concerned about too much heat there...of course you'd be limited to the lower slot (like on the Expert) but I figured I'd throw that out there.

I use the TT extreme spirit II. FIddly mount but can hold good temps, I suppose the Evercool should fit if that does. I using a Storm WB on the CPU..

I use the TT extreme spirit II. FIddly mount but can hold good temps, I suppose the Evercool should fit if that does. I using a Storm WB on the CPU..

Well I went ahead and ordered one to try out, not like I'm out much if it doesn't work. I've got a silver TDX ready to go when my 805 gets here and the Intel attachements for my chipset block should be here tomorrow.

Wish the E6700 would get here faster, but now its looking like it could be a month or so. :mad:

But whatever, I'm just glad I get to play with new toys.

ok, I'm going to sell my rig and buy a new one, but before I do... I'm SERIOUSLY thinking of investing in a Conroe E6700 or E6800. So I have a few questions...

1. When is the LanParty line of Socket T mobos slated to come out or is it even slated yet?

2. Are the benchies in for Conroe vs. AM2 as far as gaming is concerned?

and 3. Would the Infinity series be okay for Socket T or would it be more prudent to wait for the LP series?

ok, I'm going to sell my rig and buy a new one, but before I do... I'm SERIOUSLY thinking of investing in a Conroe E6700 or E6800. So I have a few questions...

1. When is the LanParty line of Socket T mobos slated to come out or is it even slated yet?

2. Are the benchies in for Conroe vs. AM2 as far as gaming is concerned?

and 3. Would the Infinity series be okay for Socket T or would it be more prudent to wait for the LP series?

1. You know the second there was a real date we'd be all over it. ;)

2. They're virtually identical at normal resolutions and eye candy, if you knock it down to 640x480 Conroe has a slight edge...keep in mind the vast majority of games depend FAR more on graphics power than cpu power.

3. Beats me, I went for it now anyways. I'll buy a Lanparty the minute its available, but then I already have a friend that'll take this off my hands when that time comes.

Well, the Evercool fits on the southbridge. Mostly.

minidsc00636gf0.jpg

The copper fins/base is definitely up againts one of the SATA ports and the metal bar still rests against one of the caps (you can see it's bent slightly to allow the cooler to fit).

Otherwise it fits and installs the same way it does on an NF4 Lanparty, so whatever. I'd guess it probably isn't necessary since DFI opted to use a passive sink instead...but for the price I figure it doesn't hurt.

Oh yeah, and my X1800XT with Accelero X2 fits on it fine as well, just didn't take a picture. Sorry...:rolleyes:

Anybody by chance know of a temp program that'll work in x64 on this board? The included ITE doesn't and I wouldn't know where to begin trying to figure out MBM5 on it (though I can play with it if somebody knows what they're doing).