DFI Infinity 975X/G

Hey guys. I'm new here but have been reading as much as I can. I have been thinking about purchasing this board once Conroe is released, but I had a question.

From the picture, it doesn't look like an Evercool VC-RE cooler will fit on there. Is this the case? If so, are there any recommendations for alternatives?

ya i have a couple of alternatives (because the Evercool is NOT intended for Intel chipsets) like the Zalman NB47 passive, and of course the older but very excellent Thermalright NB-1 and NB-1c etc

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question, although I think I know the answer. Is it possible to do Crossfire on the 975X chipset *without* a master card? (2x1900xt)? I'm thinking no, but haven't been able to confirm or deny this idea.

My retailer will be selling the Infinity very soon, and I'm wondering what else should be on the wishlist... I probalby won't bother with a master card either way, but I might try another card for Havok physics if I can't do proper crossfire.

there is no way to get Crossfire working on the 1900xt series without a mastercard period. 2 X 1900gt's can do it (Catalyst 6.6), the 1900xt series requires too much bandwidth for the pcie bus to handle Crossfire without the dongle and mastercard (compositing engine on board). The rd600 series is rumoured to be working around this, but that's all it is - a rumour.

Fragman']http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22297

perhaps u could talk to dfi about the problem, since the board u r testing has that problem...which is the real deal why they prefer asus DH at xs.org and other places.

I think DFI are more than aware of the issue (everyone is getting around the same ram speed and fsb). It is likley there will be one more bios update. After this DFI Will concentrate on the upcoming bords.

dont get me wrong ..i am waiting very impatience for the ati rd600 lanparty board, but unfortunately the largest online store in denmark has already now told us that they wont sell any DFI boards anymore in the nearest future....reason should be a lot of rma cases combined with very little money to the store when selling hardware...so i want DFI to make ekstremely good boards the first time, so people will tell the store that they have to import DFI boards.....call me crazy but i belive DFI is the only one out there that REALLY listen to its customers....and the quality impovement from nforce2 to nforce4 has been very good....

Quick question, although I think I know the answer. Is it possible to do Crossfire on the 975X chipset *without* a master card? (2x1900xt)? I'm thinking no, but haven't been able to confirm or deny this idea.

My retailer will be selling the Infinity very soon, and I'm wondering what else should be on the wishlist... I probalby won't bother with a master card either way, but I might try another card for Havok physics if I can't do proper crossfire.

you MUST have a Master card for X1900XT's, and you MUST have the dongle for them also

X1800's, from what I understand, only require two X1800 cards and no master card nor a dongle

I've no idea about any other cards since I've never had any between X850XT PE and X1900XT lol

Hi, i'm n00b at this CrossFire Stuff, so the specs say for this board:

Expansion Slots -

[blockquote]*2 PCI Express x16 slots

- CrossFire mode: The two x16 slots each operate at x8 bandwidth.

- Single VGA mode: Supports only one x16 slot operating at x16 bandwidth.

*1 PCI Express x1 slot

*1 PCI Express x4 slot

*2 PCI slots [/blockquote]

how does the x8 bandwidth affect the peformance in Crossfire mode compared to the CFX3200 with x16 both slots ??

Thnx in advance,

I think DFI are more than aware of the issue (everyone is getting around the same ram speed and fsb). It is likley there will be one more bios update. After this DFI Will concentrate on the upcoming bords.

Keep in mind also this is an Infinity series board, it isn't intended to be the end-all Intel overclocking monster.

Keep in mind also this is an Infinity series board, it isn't intended to be the end-all Intel overclocking monster.

nope, but at the same price the other boards are at least running 1:1 over 320 fsb.