Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

DFI Infinity 975X/G

My idle temps are 26c and full load 54c with my celeron 346 3.06GHZ ant 4.5GHZ nice board the p5w-dh

Fragman']LOL that cant be used to anything.....they are discussing conroe temps when overvolting it....yours is an inteirely different cpu.

the point is i am waiting on my conroe X6800 to arrive.

results so far show that the 6800 is only of real value on phase or sub zero cooling. On air it manages the same as a 6700. Most of the boards allow good overclocking of a 10X multi, so if you're on air or even normal unchilled water, the x6700 is a smarter choice.

3dmark05

http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3dmark05wo5.jpg

just fooling around with this as yet.

the real letdown so far is the ram speed, you have to use the 4:3 divider to oc past 320-340 the latter fsb is for those not running Crossfire or raid.

Hopefully HG will have his Conroe soon and will be able to help confirm the need for a better bios if possible.

One other thing with my motherboard is that I have to press the power switch in for 5 seconds for it to boot up, kinda like a soft-off function, never had that on a motherboard before...

regards

Raja

nice score on '05

I don't have to hold the power button to power it on...but I have no Conroe to test with so it might be a Conroe thing?

I don't know if I will ever get a Conroe honestly...I'll probably have to buy one and my budget is already strapped until about November or December

I don't know why Intel isn't interested in getting me a cpu but that's their decision.

I'll continue to push my AMD64/X2/AM2 to the limits and support them though so it's Intel's loss not mine.

(I'm growing less and less impressed with Conroe each day as more trusted users are showing that Conroe cpu's are really not that big of an improvement in real gaming which is where 90% of this forum is concerned)

(I'm growing less and less impressed with Conroe each day as more trusted users are showing that Conroe cpu's are really not that big of an improvement in real gaming which is where 90% of this forum is concerned)

I've actually been leaning towards AM2 lately. It might not have the processing power, but it might actually be avaialble when I upgrade.

nice score on '05

I don't have to hold the power button to power it on...but I have no Conroe to test with so it might be a Conroe thing?

I don't know if I will ever get a Conroe honestly...I'll probably have to buy one and my budget is already strapped until about November or December

I don't know why Intel isn't interested in getting me a cpu but that's their decision.

I'll continue to push my AMD64/X2/AM2 to the limits and support them though so it's Intel's loss not mine.

I'd say there's no more slow down on most games with details bumped up, titles like graw just zoom along, however the differences are not huge (depends on the level of overclock) due to the GPU's taking on most of the work.

I only upgraded because i sold my Amd 4800X2, CFX3200-DR and 2 gig Corsair 3500LL for nearly the same price as it would have cost for an E6600, Motherboard and Ram, so it was a no brainer. Had I have ket that lot for another six months the value would have been real low, leaving me to fork out a lot for my next upgrade.

Regards

Raja

btw, hunting through this review I would have to agree with Happy, games are more GPU bound at higher resolutions, so the differnce between AMD and Conroe is not big at all.

(granted we don't always trust reviews, but this one seems pretty good and has a lot of comparisons). Most of which confirm Happy's comments above.

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/intel_...mance/page8.asp

regards

Raja

Another couple of things worthy of mention,

believe it or not Conroe runs quite hot when overvolted, in fact you'll get higher load temps than with AMD X2 processers, even on my high end watercooling rig (see sig). There is a 20 degree jump from idle to full load when a Conroe cpu is running @ 1.4v, 35idle-55 load.

In comparison and AMD 4800X2 @ 1.4v, gives 31 idle and 40 load. This is not a massive deal, but just thought I'd let you guys know what to expect (i'm not the only one who has found this).

It seems the smaller die runs a lot hotter when overvolted (logical really).

Just to show you how easy it is to overclock a Conroe E6600 1ghz overstock, with 1.37 vcore (default + 150mv).

http://img96.imageshack.us/my.php?image=df...etscreenad4.jpg

at this point I have reached the max fsb that the mobo will allow with my setup (370fsb), the mediocre ram speed is due to the 4:3 divider. Let's hope DFI can sort out the dividers soon.

regards

Raja

Guest madscientist

Hey guys. I'm new here but have been reading as much as I can. I have been thinking about purchasing this board once Conroe is released, but I had a question.

but like every Intel board before, the NB gets extremely warm and will require aftermarket active cooling or watercooling =/

From the picture, it doesn't look like an Evercool VC-RE cooler will fit on there. Is this the case? If so, are there any recommendations for alternatives?