Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

DFI Infinity 975X/G

i dont wanna sound like im flaming or something

the board sucks.. for a 975x chip. 4 sata ports.. wtf?

and its like 260$ at eggy. thats so not worth it

im pretty sure people would agree with me too

for that price, ill take badaxe instead or a p5wd2-e

hopefully the LP version would be better

but its nice to see DFI pushing out conroe boards already.

im waiting for my e6600 to get here lol

i dont wanna sound like im flaming or something

the board sucks.. for a 975x chip. 4 sata ports.. wtf?

and its like 260$ at eggy. thats so not worth it

im pretty sure people would agree with me too

for that price, ill take badaxe instead or a p5wd2-e

hopefully the LP version would be better

but its nice to see DFI pushing out conroe boards already.

im waiting for my e6600 to get here lol

I don't set the prices...and for some it IS a good deal. Maybe not for you, but for others that want something to play with, then it will be a good deal.

well thats true

its better to use this board that can handle higher vram

unlike the badaxe which tends to die when you push up vram

i have just got my hands on some very cheap pc6400 OCZ cl4 DDR2 RAM....2*1GB 100$ below their normal price....so im getting even more impatient waiting for conroe and a board..but i think DFI knows best...there must be a reason that they just didnt make a lanparty version of the 975X/G infinity..

The price is a little much for an Infinity, but there aren't alot of Conroe capable boards right now. I don't know anyone who has An Asus P5WD2-E rev.103. The Intel 975x rev.302 is out, but I'm not sure how good on overclocker it's shaping up to be. DFI can pretty much charge what they wan't because of all the hype over Conroe and DFI's reputation. Its supply vs. demand, basic economics.

keep in mind that there's still a pretty significant difference between Intel setups and AMD setups for the sole fact that AMD has the memory controller integrated into the cpu's die.

this means that Intel STILL has to rely on a separate memory controller hub...a bottleneck or a pass-thru if you will...so when you turn the strap up, the latencies go up...this has and always will be a negative of any cpu platform that relies on separate memory controllers.

AMD64 architectures do not have this problem because the memory controller is on-die, so latencies, dividers, etc...none of that means much of anything. With AMD64's, it is all about the cpu speeds.

With Intel/AthlonXP's etc, it is still very much about memory bandwidth and memory latency (until proven otherwise).

The Conroe architecture is so strong that if Intel would possibly make the move towards the AMD style of on-die memory controller, I think everyone would be truly amazed at just how powerful these cpu's really are...but as long as you are limited by a bottlenecked NB memory controller...(this isn't to say that even with this NB the Conroe cannot outmuscle the A64 cpu's...because right now they can...but AMD's next series will once again prove what a limited, old-school architecture Intel's cpu's are...no matter how strong the cpu core is)

Yeah...Look out for first quarter 2007..Intel's roadmap is suppose to be incorporating on Die Memory Controllers.

For anyone considering the DFI 975X board, be warned.....with the 1333 Strap not yet implemented, your Max fsb will be retarded. nVidia's 590 Chipset for Intel will be a waste of time. They have utilised the nForce4 Northbridge memory controller for this nForce5 based board & this serioulsy reduces the boards memory Bandwidth. Its a real shame, cos the New Lanparty 590 Intel board looks as sexy as my nF4 SLI DR Expert.

975X board...Me....I'll take an Asus P5W DH for my Conroe E6600ES.

yeah you go ahead and buy the P5W dH and see how retarded your front side bus is.

you might wanna head over to XS and see what crappy results people are getting.

and one of the senior guys has done some testing and has come to a preliminary result that only the certain builds of the DH are any good. which is kind of a no brainer. any board is going to be hit and miss. some good some not so good. but its kind of b.s. at the same time. they should all react similar, not identicle but similar, and they are not, the DH isnt all that great so dont be in such a rush to get one..People are still having issues getting up to 450 fsb.

mine arrived DOA along with several other peoples. so i had to get a new bios chip. which arrives today so i will know for sure if the bios was simply bad from the factory or if the baord is screwed.

i have faith in DFI, they have never let me down, but to be honest. that gigabyte DS3 right now is cranking up 480+ fsb and its a $140 board!

so far its the cheapest highest clocking baord. but we are waiting for more people to get the board.

i have faith though dfi wont let us down.

Is it true that this board won't go higher than 370FSB?. just wAZnt to know if i should return the brand new 1 i have here for a board that will reach 400+. thanks.

I have this board now, to get over 320fsb you have to set the ram to 400 (4:3).

The NB gets extremly hot as it is passivley cooled, around 70 degrees celsius. At this point it heats up the motherboard around it and is close enough to the CPU to affect it's temps, for higher overclocks some kind of active cooling is probably better.

Dual Prime 95 with a vcore of 1.4v on my high end watercooling is hitting 55 degrees underload whilst idle temps are only 35 degrees. Seeing as everything with the waterloop seems fine I can only summise that either the cpu has a bad ihs mount or that the NB temp is heating up the cpu socket via the motherboard when under load (which is certainly within the realms of possibility as the entire area gets hot).

regards

Raja

edit, everyone else sems to be finding out that the Conroe does run hot when overvolted, I guess it's more down to the 65nm process which makes the cpu hotter when overvolted..

I have this board now, to get over 320fsb you have to set the ram to 400 (4:3).

The NB gets extremly hot as it is passivley cooled, around 70 degrees celsius. At this point it heats up the motherboard around it and is close enough to the CPU to affect it's temps, for higher overclocks some kind of active cooling is probably better.

Dual Prime 95 with a vcore of 1.4v on my high end watercooling is hitting 55 degrees underload whilst idle temps are only 35 degrees. Seeing as everything with the waterloop seems fine I can only summise that either the cpu has a bad ihs mount or that the NB temp is heating up the cpu socket via the motherboard when under load (which is certainly within the realms of possibility as the entire area gets hot).

regards

Raja

edit, everyone else sems to be finding out that the Conroe does run hot when overvolted, I guess it's more down to the 65nm process which makes the cpu hotter when overvolted..

I solved the problem by b uying the asus P5W_DH

my friend has the Asus and his temps are high too.

Though it is oc'ing better than this board atm.