Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

DFI Infinity 975X/G

they have made 533 real fsb stable i guess.....so an 6600 should hit about 4,8 before the board should be the wall......and that takes pretty ekstreme measures to run...so most ppl should be alright on it.

oops i said 6800 sorry bout that i meant 6700.

the 6800 is way too much for my wallet lol.

i didnt have enough for a 6700, it was an extra 200, so i just got the 6600 ES.

now its just sitting here collecting dust until the boards are released and the dominant motherboard is shown.

cough*DFI Lanparty Series*cough

thats not legal!!!! send it to Happy at once!!!!

not sure where you are 'buying' conroe production samples (ES) but if Intel finds out...it won't be pretty (so maybe don't advertise that you are purchasing something that cannot be purchased...or should not be purchased)

I think Intel is more than satisfied with the free advertising (and good results) the ES's are doing in all the forums, so I don't think they'll complain much about the dark Conroe market :D

true indeed, some of the reports we see on the forums will sell thousands of cpu's. Though impressed by the Conroe advantage clock for clock over the AMD counterpart, I am not totally convinced that some of the overclocks we are seeing are really relevant for 24/7 use, still I suppose it's accepted for arguments sake.

im sure your quite aware of who is selling these Es chips.

and yeah i have called people out on several forum on the legal issues of selling ES chips and review hardware.

and Happy, i think if DFI truly cares, then you and i should have a talk i can give you a list of people who review then turn around and sell the hardware you guys give them for free, as review kits. and they turn a 100% profit on it.

anyways..

hows the baord coming along ? im eager to see how the sub $200 board runs

im sure your quite aware of who is selling these Es chips.

and yeah i have called people out on several forum on the legal issues of selling ES chips and review hardware.

and Happy, i think if DFI truly cares, then you and i should have a talk i can give you a list of people who review then turn around and sell the hardware you guys give them for free, as review kits. and they turn a 100% profit on it.

anyways..

hows the baord coming along ? im eager to see how the sub $200 board runs

if Intel or DFI wants to combat that around the internet that is up to them

I won't tolerate anyone selling Engineering Samples on my forums at all

as for the board...it is collecting dust at teh moment since I don't have anything but a Pentium 4 520 (2.8Ghz 1MB L2 Prescott) to put in it

well if you havent kept up with some of the guys over in norway and some of th eother scandanavian oc groups who have this board and a few in japan, the results are quite promising for the sub $200 catagory. (but not as nice as the sub $200 NF4 lanparty boards were)

it makes people like me look forward to the lanparty series if DFI decides to put one out.

can you confirn or deny a lanparty series to be released ? only thing i or anyone else saw that i am aware of was pictures from CES.

i think DFI is poised to take the intel market with their boards since as of now, only 2 boards are worth buying.

preliminary results on the gigabyte board shows a lackluster FSB even after the latest bios letting it go to 360. a 400+ fsb is a minimum. (because of conroe's low multi)

abit, i dont thnk anyone is looking for abit,, msi,, no one knows about them.. their ver. 2.0 975x board is no where to be found as of yet.

so that leaves DFI to kick tail and chew bubble gum, and dang it,, their out of bubble gum!!

i cant say it enough man,, im really anxious for the LP series to just put everyone else to shame.

the DFI roadmap shows that a LP version of the ati 600 chipset should become available sometime this year, the rest is hearsay until es are sent out.

i can't confirm or deny anything

as for 'groups' in japan or sweden etc...

I really only pay attention to what I have in the lab and what users can buy

I get all kinds of emails asking about Conroe cpu's on this board from guys that have a Conroe somehow and I just delete them because no one can buy a Conroe and that means they are not supported at this time (especially since none of us at DFI have a Conroe cpu)

as for Roadmaps...I don't even look at them anymore because more than half the time they are wrong

I just support whatever boards show up at my door (which is what my job is...I don't have to support older non-LP/non-Infinity boards).

If I don't have it, I send you off to TW to get support

I'd venture a guess that since Conroe cpu's are going to be ultra popular (if you've read any of my 20,000 word essays on the subject lately you will understand how excited I am about this cpu and you will get an idea of just what a firestorm they will bring with their performance), then we will put out some boards that support them.

yowza

the Pentium D 805 is now $114 @ newegg...not nearly as nice as the $93 it was a week or three ago...

looks like I may have to wait for Santa Intel to bring me some cpu goodness

Has this board been released yet? DFI said the end of June, but I can't find it any place. Must still be sitting on the dock in Taiwan. I've got my 805 D sitting in front of me and I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on that Intel 975X rev.302... Id much rather have another DFI offering in my collection.

EDIT: Just found it at newegg. Looks like I'll be working some over time cause thats one expensive Infinity. Then again, if you want to be the first to play you gotta pay...