Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

DFI Infinity 975X/G

Just a slight break from the current discussion, but Infinity motherboard related nonetheless; has anyone on the Street had a look at the Rev 2 board of the 975X/G yet? Does DFI plan on releasing it anytime soon? I am planning a new build for a friend who wants to build an intensive graphic-editing machine and I told her the best motherboard is the Infinity (Rev2) paired with a Extreme X6800 and 4gigs RAM (OCZ2P800R22GK x 2) and a GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card. She has the money to burn and I want to build it for her (plus take it for a spin around the track before I take it to her :P ) I just need to know when the new board might be on the shelves or at least on the Egg. Anyone?

I'm still learning this board as I go. I took my DFI m/b installation cd, wrote down all of the driver files on it and then went searching. Intel has drivers they released in November (and they are Vista ready - so they say). I downloaded the majority of my drivers right there. The remainder I got from DFI's Taiwan sight. LAN driver came directly from Realtek.

Just got my Infinity 975X/G, E6600, and Mushkin memory today in the mail. Curiously, did you need an F6 SATA driver diskette for installing Windows on one of the normal SATA ports (1-4) or is this only needed for the eSATA port?

Thank you for any input!

EDIT: Also, is this the correct driver that you used for the Realtek NIC?

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...3&GetDown=false

EDIT 2: Sorry, checked the manual. Showed the TRL8111B NIC model and found on Reatek's site.

Any need to apply the Microsoft dual core hotfix on the Intel based boards running dual core Conroes? I haven't, and haven't noticed any ill effects so far.

Just curious what anyone elses thoughts or experiences are with this?

I have done many cpu benchmarks before and after i applied the hotfix. Yes it does make a difference. Although I believe it should be bundled with windows updates now.

I do 3 things with this hotfix:

1) Install the hotfix, and choose to restart later

2)enter the following into the registry:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlSession ManagerThrottle]

"PerfEnablePackageIdle"=dword:00000001

3) add "/usepmtimer" to the boot.ini file example:

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0 )partition(1)WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partiti on(1)WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /bootlogo /usepmtimer

Once you restart you should see a relatively signifigant difference. From what I understand this essentially enables Full support for multiple cores in 32-bit WinXP.

I was wondering,

Does it matter what revision of this motherboard I purchase? I have the opportunity to snag one for less than $120 but its Rev 1. What do you think?

I have done many cpu benchmarks before and after i applied the hotfix. Yes it does make a difference. Although I believe it should be bundled with windows updates now.

I do 3 things with this hotfix:

1) Install the hotfix, and choose to restart later

2)enter the following into the registry:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlSession ManagerThrottle]
"PerfEnablePackageIdle"=dword:00000001

3) add "/usepmtimer" to the boot.ini file example:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0 )partition(1)WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partiti on(1)WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /bootlogo /usepmtimer

Once you restart you should see a relatively signifigant difference. From what I understand this essentially enables Full support for multiple cores in 32-bit WinXP.

Thanks AO. I may give it a go. I'll check my Windows updates for Hotfixes first and see if it was downloaded with a normal Windows update following my last format and re-install.

I was wondering,

Does it matter what revision of this motherboard I purchase? I have the opportunity to snag one for less than $120 but its Rev 1. What do you think?

I've got the revision 1 board and I'm completely happy with it. For $120 bills I don't think you can go wrong.

hi all i just got this mb and a q6600.

i run 333 fsb all volt stock.

to get higher i need more power

what volt do i need to set and to what.

i cool with air cooler.