DFI Infinity 975X/G

more than likely when you realise that DFI only has a very small percentage of total conroe platform mobos with ASUS having the largest share. DFI mobos are more for us enthusiasts and I doubt Intel could give 2 **its about us tbh. ;)....or DFI.

yer right...Intel doesn't give 2 T%@$@#'s about DFI nor DFI's users

they are arrogant and that is exactly the reason AMD whipped them for a few years...now it seems the giant hasn't learned a lesson in humility nor humbleness at all, and I have a feeling they are going to find out again why it is not a good idea to act in such a way...AMD always has nice surprises for Intel and in the future, I don't doubt we'll see an AMD cpu that stomps all over Intel's cpu again.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im curious as to why you couldnt get it to boot at anything except the 400MHz divider after what, 350MHz FSB? Same board, same BIOS, same CPU (dont know about steppings, should be close though), and you have better RAM, so Im confused.

because you are a better overclocker than me?

because you are luckier than me?

I have no idea. I just know that after a certain point (around 350-370) it won't boot on anymore on the 667 divider, so I used the 533

if you had checked my entries in the Overclocking Database, you would see that 390x9 and 400x9 are using the 533 divider, and at 3.2Ghz (356x9) I used the 400 divider...so your confusion is due to the fact that you haven't actually looked at my OC Database entries ;)

because no one at DFI has one...is that a good enough answer?

No need to get your panties in a wad, it's a simple question. I'm just curious why other manufacturers seem to be so far ahead of the game that they know which of their products will be compatible with upcoming CPU's but DFI does not. Don't you get engineering samples like every other company? Your snipitty attitude is not needed.

My bad... I forgot you got it to boot with the 533 divider after you flashed to the 9/13 BIOS. I'll save the "It was late at night and I was tired" excuse... I just wasnt paying attention.

I have a feeling its luck beause this being my first overclock, Im definately not better at it than you are. :)

• 1 month later...

I just got this mobo... I also got the E6600 and a 7950GT to go with it. I loaded windows and everything was going just fine, until...

I did a bios update. Used Winflash per the DFI site instructions. Backed up the bios, gave it the downloaded bios file from the DFI site. It showed the "bios updated successfully" screen and said to reboot. I rebooted, but now it won't even post? I'm trying not to freak here, but if I need to send it off or something to have the BIOS reset plz let me know... Thanks!

About the only thing you can do now is try to clear the BIOS. Click on the "Clear Bios" link in my sig. Follow it precisely as it is written . Try the clear for 8 hours if that don't work do a 24 hour clear. As you found out, should never use Winflash.

Yeah, the CMOS reset worked... Everything was going wonderful... Then as I was loading the new drivers for my X-Fi sound card it locked up. Now it will go through the entire boot post and just show a blank screen where Windows is supposed to start... :/ This is getting frustrating.

yer right...Intel doesn't give 2 T%@$@#'s about DFI nor DFI's users

they are arrogant and that is exactly the reason AMD whipped them for a few years...now it seems the giant hasn't learned a lesson in humility nor humbleness at all, and I have a feeling they are going to find out again why it is not a good idea to act in such a way...AMD always has nice surprises for Intel and in the future, I don't doubt we'll see an AMD cpu that stomps all over Intel's cpu again.

Intel promises some nice stuff to the next year. Has been talking to them at Dreamhack. 45nm is already news, QX6800, X6900 with strap 1333 <-- Unknown release date.

Newer versions of Core 2, and much much more. AMD need to have something special to beat Intel 2007, i might regret i am saying this at in December next year. But Intel will run over AMD 2007.

Hey, that DFI it is better from Asus Striker Extreme nVidia nForce 680i SLI ?

The 'Striker' would want to be a damn site better, for the price it's asking.

The Infinity will certainly take you to the point where you need serious cooling to go any further, which ATM, is plenty for most people.

keep dreaming

it's not so simple buddy, I got both boards. The infinity is better between the ranges 0f 420-455 at least, where the strap gets loose on the striker. PLus the Infinity is more stable overall at the higher fsb's, the striker bsod's and fails to load windows on certain settings. The rest is just the ususal single super pi runs you see pimping boards past their real world capabilities and creating a buzz in us nieve guys (myself included).

Price wise the intelligent choice is definatley the Infinity, as it does nearly everything the Striker can do at a far cheaper price.

I like the striker and would really like it to shine enough to at least justify 75% of it's price tag, which I am sorry to say it does not(imo, I paid for the board out of my own pocket too). So far I managed a higher and faster clock out of the infinity on phase..

I'm honest buddy, no vested interests at all and I know you have none cos I folow most of your posts...

regards

Raja